Creamed corn is one tasty vegetable side dish that’s a wonderful addition to any Thanksgiving or holiday table. Ready to serve in just 10 minutes, this is an easy way to impress!
Creamed Corn with Cream Cheese Recipe
Creamy and delicious, creamed corn is a delicious side to serve all year round, and I love to serve it up across the holidays.
This is a great vegetable side dish that comes together quickly and easily, and it won’t be out of place at any Thanksgiving or Christmas table. This recipe is too easy not to try!
Be sure to try my Mexican Street Corn and Street Corn Pasta Salad too!
Why you’ll love this Classic Creamed Corn recipe:
- QUICK: It takes no more than 10 minutes to make this recipe from scratch. It’s the perfect last minute vegetable side dish.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need 5 main ingredients plus a little salt and pepper for this recipe.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great make ahead side that can easily be made a few days ahead of time and is easily reheated.
This creamed corn will be a welcome addition to any table. Cheesy, creamy and hands down delicious!
How to make Creamed Corn on the Stovetop
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place all of the ingredients into a pot.
- Bring to a boil and stir to incorporate the cream cheese.
If you are serving this for Thanksgiving or Christmas, fresh corn is out of season, so frozen corn is your best bet. In a pinch you can use canned corn, just drain and rinse it before cooking.
Once made, allow the corn to cool fully before covering and keep refrigerated, it will keep well for 3 to 5 days in the fridge. Reheat it on the stovetop to warm it through to serve.
It’s best not to freeze this recipe as the texture of the dairy can alter quite significantly when you thaw it.
You can use half and half instead of the cream and low fat cheese rather than full fat cheese if you prefer. It won’t be as rich and flavorful, but will still come out well.
This creamed corn is perfect to serve with your holiday meals. Try it with:
Although perfect for the holidays, this dish is so quick and easy to make, you can easily enjoy it any day of the week!
- Fresh or frozen corn has the best texture, but canned will work well in a pinch.
- If making this dish ahead of time, let it cool completely before storing.
- You can use the cream cheese straight from the fridge, but it will mix together more quickly if it has been softened first.
This is such a great last minute side dish that you can cook up quickly while your turkey is resting!
More Holiday Side Dishes
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
This creamed corn recipe is so perfect to serve on your holiday table, but it’s so delicious and quick to make, you don’t need a special occasion to enjoy this!
More Corn Recipes we Love
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Confetti Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Crockpot Corn Dip
- Mexican Grilled Corn
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.