Creole Seasoning adds a rich and savory flavor to any dish! This easy homemade seasoning mix is filled with lots of delicious herbs and spices.
Homemade Creole Seasoning Recipe
I love making my own seasoning mixes and spices at home. The last thing I want to do is run out to the store just to get one spice mix for a recipe.
Combine herbs and spices you already own to make this homemade Creole seasoning! It’s filled with things like paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and lots more to create a perfectly savory taste.
Just add a dash (or a few) of this to your dishes for an easy flavor upgrade! It’s the perfect spice mix for this Shrimp Creole recipe.
Why you’ll love this Creole Seasoning recipe:
- EASY: It’s easy to combine herbs and spices you already have in your pantry!
- FLAVORFUL: This mix adds so much flavor to any recipe.
- PERFECT AMOUNT: This makes just enough to season a few recipes, so it won’t waste away in your spice cabinet.
How to make Creole Seasoning at home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Measure out each of the listed herbs and spices.
- Add everything into a bowl and use a whisk to combine.
- Store in an airtight container (like a small jar or resealable bag).
What is creole seasoning?
Creole seasoning is a mix of spices and herbs commonly used in Creole dishes.
In this mix you’ll find lots of dried herbs, like basil and thyme, as well as some spices to add a subtle heat, like paprika and cayenne pepper. Overall, it adds a rich savory, herby flavor.
What’s the difference between creole and cajun seasoning?
These two seasoning mixes are very similar and are often used in the same types of recipes. The main difference is that cajun seasoning tends to be a bit spicier.
Both mixes use a lot of the same herbs and spices, but Cajun is more focused on the spice (and usually less ingredients), while Creole is more focused on the herby flavor (with a longer list of herbs and spices).
When should I use this spice mix?
- Use a whisk to combine ingredients for the perfect mix.
- You can use this seasoning as a dry rub for meats before cooking to add a delicious flavor.
- Store mixture in an airtight container, in a dry place, up to 2 months.
This Creole seasoning mix creates the BEST flavor for seafood, meat, rice, and soups. Use it as needed and enjoy!
More Homemade Spice Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!