Quick and easy to make and super delicious, these Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are one delicious dinner! Loaded with flavor, these are hands down tasty!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Mix up your weeknight dinners with this delicious recipe!
Super simple and super tasty, roasted peppers are filled with juicy steak, mushrooms and onions and topped with provolone cheese for one tasty bite.
These Philly Cheesesteak stuffed peppers need to be on your dinner menu!
Why you’ll love this Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper recipe:
- HEALTHY: High in protein and low in carbs and made with natural ingredients, this is a great recipe to incorporate into a low balanced diet.
- QUICK AND EASY: With minimal prep, these cheesy beef stuffed peppers are ready to serve in 40 minutes.
- KID-FRIENDLY: If you have picky eaters in your house they are sure to love these!
How to make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice the peppers lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Bake the peppers to soften them.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the onions and mushrooms with the garlic. Remove from the pan.
- Season the steak and cook in the pan.
- Combine with the mushroom mix.
- Place a slice of cheese into each pepper and top with the filling.
- Top with another slice of cheese and broil until melted.
Can you make them ahead of time?
You can make the filling up to 3 days ahead of time and keep it stored in the fridge.
If you have leftovers, they will keep well for 3 to four days covered in the fridge and you can reheat them in the oven at 275F until cooked through.
What’s the best steak to use?
I used sirloin steak for this recipe as it cooks quickly and has great flavor. Flank or skirt steak will also work well.
The steak needs to be cut thinly before cooking it, you can place it in the freezer for 10 minutes and this will make it easier to cut thinly and evenly.
What do you serve them with?
These Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a great easy weeknight meal and work well with rice, salads, veggie and potato sides. Try them with:
- Slicing the peppers in half lengthwise makes them easier to stuff and eat.
- You may have some filling left over, depending on the size of your peppers. If you do, you can use it on a salad or another recipe or freeze it for later use.
These Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers are hands down delicious! They are such a great family meal, and I’m sure they’ll be a constant on your weekly meal rota! And if you like these, you’ll love these classic Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches!
More Healthy Dinner Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!