Make your own delicious and easy Philly cheesesteaks at home with this simple recipe. Sliced steak is paired with caramelized peppers, onions and mushrooms and then placed in a hoagie roll with provolone cheese. So tasty!
Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Nothing beats a good Philly cheesesteak, and making them at home is super quick and easy!
Hoagie rolls are filled with flavorful veggies, provolone cheese and thinly sliced steak for one delicious sandwich that the whole family will love.
Quick, easy and oh so tasty!
Why you’ll love this Philly Cheesesteak recipe:
- QUICK: Ready to serve in around 30 minutes, this a great go to recipe when you need dinner on the table in a hurry!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: This recipe is perfect in their simplicity and they come together with just a few basic ingredients.
- KID FRIENDLY: This is a great meal that the whole family will love. Fun and easy to eat, you’ll be popular with everyone when you serve these up!
How to make Philly Cheesesteaks at Home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Freeze the steaks so that they are easy to slice thinly.
- Cook the veggies in a skillet til caramelized and set to one side.
- Cook the steak slices til browned.
- Return the veggies to the skillet.
- Top with cheese and cover and cook til the cheese is melted.
- Serve in hoagie rolls.
What’s the best steak to use?
I find that ribeye or sirloin is best to use in these sandwiches. It’s flavorful, juicy and tender with a rich flavor. Use fairly thick steaks so that they are easy to cut into thin strips that cook quickly.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These are best served as soon as you’ve made them so that the cheese is nice and melted and the bread doesn’t get soggy. You can cook up the veggies and steak ahead of time and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can then quickly reheat that mixture, melt the cheese on top and serve.
What do you serve them with?
Philly cheesesteaks are pretty filling on their own, but they are great paired with chips, pretzels, ad of course, a cold beer! For a more filling meal, try them with:
- Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Shoestring Fries
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
- Freeze the steak for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing it. Cold steaks will be much easier to slice than raw.
- Don’t rush cooking the veggies. They should be nice and soft and the caramelization will add a lot of flavor.
- Lightly toast the hoagie rolls before adding the filling. This will protect them from getting soggy quickly, and will give you a nice crunch.
These tasty Philly cheesesteaks are so easy to make at home, and the flavors are so so good! These will be a hit with the whole family, guaranteed!
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes we Love
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Maid Rite Sandwiches
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Copycat McRib Sandwich
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!