This Sausage Cheese Balls recipe puts a sweet and spicy twist on a classic appetizer. These easy sausage balls are made with cheese, sweet potato, and chorizo, and they taste amazing! Dip these Sweet Potato Sausage Balls in a spicy marmalade sauce for the final touch.
Sausage Cheese Balls (with Sweet Potato & Chorizo)
Sweet Potato Sausage Cheese Balls are a fun appetizer for any occasion. Put a new spin on the classic sausage ball recipe with chorizo and sweet potato!
Most of you have probably tried Classic Sausage Balls at some point. Made with biscuit mix to give them that bready texture, sausage balls are so addicting and so fun for dipping!
This easy sausage balls recipe takes the original and makes it even tastier! By adding in cheese, sweet potato, and Chorizo sausage, this appetizer has been taken to a whole new level. These sweet potato sausage cheese balls are the perfect snack for game day and holiday parties. They’re easy to pop in your mouth and definitely dip worthy. The marmalade dipping sauce just adds the final kick of flavor they need.
Cheesy, sweet, and spicy is the best combination for this delicious appetizer. Guests will be devouring these sausage cheese balls lightning fast!
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Cheese Balls are the ultimate party appetizer. They’re cheesy, sweet, spicy, and perfect for dipping!
Easy Sausage Balls Recipe
These Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Cheese Balls are such a fun party appetizer. Traditional sausage balls are really good, but these are just so much more fun! The addition of sweet potato, cheese, and chorizo adds so much flavor and excitement. That orange marmalade dipping sauce really brings out all of the sweet and spicy flavors to finish it off. This easy sausage balls recipe is just too good!
How to Make Sweet Potato Sausage Cheese Balls
These sweet potato sausage cheese balls are super simple to make! You only need about half an hour to prepare these easy sausage balls, and you can even make them ahead of time. Let’s break it down into 3 basic steps.
How to make sausage cheese balls:
- Prepare the Sweet Potato – Wash the sweet potato then microwave it until fully cooked. Cut the potato in half, scoop out the flesh, and then mash it in a small bowl. Give it about 10 minutes to cool down before the next step.
- Make the Sausage Balls – Combine chorizo sausage, baking mix (Bisquick), cheese, mashed sweet potato, pie spice & salt. Then roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake – Bake the sausage cheese balls for 20 minutes at 350°F.
Serve the sweet potato & chorizo sausage balls with the delicious orange marmalade sauce and start dipping. To make the sauce, just combine all listed ingredients (check the recipe card below). The sausage cheese balls will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days, and the dipping sauce will keep for up to 1 month in the fridge.
Can you make these Sausage Balls ahead of time?
Yes! These sweet potato and chorizo balls are the perfect make ahead appetizer. I love having these on hand for New Year’s Eve parties and game day. And since everyone LOVES them, it’s nice to have plenty ready to go. You can make everything a couple days before as outlined in the recipe card, then just heat them up before serving.
If you want to make them a little further ahead of time (great option for big parties or to keep on hand for unexpected gatherings), you can prepare the sausage balls and freeze them. To do this:
- Prepare the sausage cheese balls according to the instructions, but do not bake.
- Freeze them on a baking tray until they are solid, then transfer them into a freezer safe bag or container.
- When ready to serve them, bake them for 25-35 minutes at 350°F.
If you’re looking for a new, fun, delicious appetizer for game day or New Year’s Eve, you’ve found it! I know you’ll love these Sweet Potato Chorizo Sausage Balls as much as we do, and your guests will too.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Sweet Potato Chorizo Sausage Cheese Balls. Enjoy!
If you like this easy sausage balls recipe, try these other easy appetizers:
- Bisquick Sausage Balls Recipe
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- Sausage Rolls with Hot Pepper Jelly
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese