Buffalo Chicken Dip is a party favorite! Made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and red hot buffalo sauce, this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is so simple and insanely delicious!
Table of Contents
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This EASY buffalo chicken dip recipe has all the amazing flavor of buffalo wings in a cheesy dip form. No party should be without this recipe!
This Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is AMAZING! I mean, it’s pretty addictive, so consider yourself warned. If you love buffalo chicken, you are going to love this dip. It has all the red hot buffalo flavors, but it’s also super creamy, cheesy and comforting.
There are so many versions of this buffalo dip floating around the internet, but I haven’t come across one quite as easy or delicious as this one; and you only need 5 ingredients to make it!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
This baked buffalo chicken dip recipe is truly the EASIEST. It’s basically just 5 ingredients and 2 steps to make the most delicious dip ever!
- Shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Mexican blend cheese
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch dressing
The hot sauce is super important in this recipe. That’s what gives this dip the classic buffalo flavor and the perfect spicy kick! You could use the original hot sauce, but I definitely recommend going with the buffalo!
Step by Step Recipe:
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, serve warm.
Be sure to watch the video to see the step by step process of how to make buffalo chicken dip!
What to Serve with Buffalo Dip?
Chips are always the perfect thing to serve with dips, and this one is no exception. I like serving this with a really hearty tortilla chip, something that won’t break and crumble when you go in for a heavy dip.
For some freshness, I also like to serve this dip alongside some sliced veggies such as carrot sticks, celery or bell peppers. The celery sticks are perfect for this baked buffalo chicken dip, to go with that buffalo wing flavor.
Just add your chips, crackers and veggies to separate bowls and let everyone help themselves! There’s no wrong way to eat this stuff…I wouldn’t judge you if you just used a spoon.
Can I Prepare this Dip in Advance?
Yes! This dip is super easy to prep ahead of time. Just mix everything together and pour it into a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you are ready to bake. That way you can just pop it in the oven once people start arriving, and you’ll have a super hot dip to serve when the game starts!
Tip: If you have leftovers, then you can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat as needed (or eat cold!). I don’t recommend freezing this dip as dairy does not freeze well and can curdle and split.
Can I make this dip in a slow cooker?
A lot of you probably want to know how to make this buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot. While I have not personally tested this recipe in a slow cooker, I’m sure it would be very easy to do.
- Just combine all the ingredients together (make sure they’re mixed well), then add them into the crock pot.
- Set it to HIGH, and give it about an hour (or until fully heated through).
- Switch the setting to LOW while serving to keep it warm.
Since we’re using pre-cooked chicken in this recipe, there’s no worry about cooking the chicken. So it’s really just about heating everything up. Whether you bake it or make it in a slow cooker, this dip is simple!
Top Tips for Making Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make things super simple and easy.
- You can use regular cheddar instead of a Mexican blend.
- Make sure to grate your own cheese; pre-grated has added starch and will change the texture and flavor of this dip.
- Use a good quality cream cheese for best results (cheaper brands can be too runny).
- I used a light ranch dressing, but you can use regular if you don’t have light. You could also substitute blue cheese dressing.
- DON’T sub the ranch dressing for dry ranch seasoning (important).
- Go for low fat and lighter versions of cheese, cream cheese and ranch if you’d like to make this whole dip a little lighter.
- You could leave out the chicken and make a buffalo dip for vegetarians. Still cheesy, spicy, and delicious!
- Check the recipe card below and watch the video to see the step by step process!
Be sure to try these other easy cheesy dips:
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- King Ranch Chicken Rotel Dip
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Dip
- Loaded Rotel Dip (Velveeta Cheese Dip)