Buffalo Chicken Dip is a party favorite! Made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce, this dip could not be easier and is insanely delicious!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is AMAZING, I mean it’s pretty addictive so be warned. If you love buffalo wings you are going to love this dip, it has all the classic flavors but it’s super creamy, cheesy and comforting and goes down a storm at parties.
There are so many versions of this dip floating about the internet but I haven’t come across one as easy or delicious as this and you only need 5 ingredients to make it.
Ingredients to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Mexican blend cheese
- Frank’s redhot buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
The hot sauce is super important in this recipe it’s what gives this dip the classic buffalo flavor and the perfect spicy kick. You could use the original hot sauce but if possible go for buffalo!
How to Make the Easiest Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, serve warm.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Chips always go down well served with dips and this one is no exception. For some freshness, I also like to serve this dip alongside some sliced veggies such as carrot sticks, celery or bell peppers.
Just add your chips, crackers and veggies to separate bowls and let everyone help themselves!
Can I Prepare this Dip in Advance?
Yes! This dip is super easy to prep ahead just mix everything together and add to a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Top Tip: If you have leftovers then you can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat as needed or eat cold. I don’t recommend freezing this dip as dairy does not freeze well and can curdle and split.
Top Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make things super simple and easy
- You can use regular cheddar instead of a Mexican blend
- make sure to grate your own cheese as pre-grated as added starch and will change the texture and flavor of this dip
- Use a good quality cream cheese for best results (cheaper brands can be too runny)
- I used a light ranch dressing but you can use regular if you don’t have it
- Don’t sub the ranch dressing for dry ranch seasoning (important)
- Go for low fat and lighter versions of cheese, cream cheese and ranch if you’d like to make this whole dip lighter
More Delicious and Easy Dips You Might Like:
- Crockpot Spinach Dip
- Garlic Herb Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
- Loaded Rotel Dip (Velveeta Cheese Dip)
- Black Bean and Corn Mexican Dip