Buffalo Chicken Dip is a party favorite! Made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and red hot sauce, this easy oven baked buffalo chicken dip recipe is so simple and insanely delicious. It’s the best game day dip and it goes fast.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
This oven-baked buffalo cream cheese dip is the perfect dip for any party, but I especially love serving it on game day or for the Super Bowl. This appetizer disappears quickly, so make a couple of batches (and keep one all to yourself).
Why You’ll Love this Buffalo Dip Recipe:
- Easy: You only need 5 ingredients and 2 steps to make this dip!
- Oven Baked: Baking this dip in the oven makes it come out nice, hot, and bubbly.
- Party Dip: Buffalo chicken dip is a party favorite for any occasion. It always goes fast!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Frank’s RedHot is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
5 Ingredient Dip
- Cream Cheese: This is the base of the dip. I recommend sticking to regular cream cheese, as low-fat versions will make the texture runnier. Let it soften before using it.
- Shredded Chicken: Use pre-cooked, shredded chicken for this dip. You can either make it yourself ahead of time, or use a rotisserie chicken to speed up the process.
- Cheese: I recommend using Mexican blend shredded cheese. You could also use different types of cheese (like pepper jack, Colby, or cheddar). Grating your own cheese will give you the best results.
- Ranch: Ranch dressing is the perfect complement to buffalo flavor! I used a light dressing, but you can use a regular ranch, or substitute buttermilk or blue cheese dressing.
- Frank’s RedHot: This classic hot buffalo sauce is a must for the best buffalo chicken dip, although you could substitute it for a different brand or version if you prefer.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
This oven-baked buffalo chicken dip recipe is truly as easy as can be! As you can see from the step-by-step photos below, all you have to do is mix the ingredients, pour them into a baking dish, and let it cook until it’s heated all the way through.
The chicken should be cooked and shredded ahead of time so it’s ready to mix in. I recommend grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you’re short on time. If you do want to cook it fresh, this Instant Pot shredded chicken is the quickest way to go.
The cooking time may vary depending on the size and depth of your baking dish. Each ingredient is cooked, or fine to eat as is, so the baking is just to heat it through to your liking. You could even eat this cold if you prefer.
This dip brings together all the flavors of classic buffalo wings, so it’s wings in dip form (with plenty of cheese),
You only need 5 ingredients for this dip: shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and ranch.
If your dip is runny, it’s likely you used too much dressing or buffalo sauce, or just didn’t mix the ingredients well enough. Also, some cream cheeses (like light versions) may be runnier.
Stored in a covered dish or airtight container, it will keep for 2-3 days.
You can eat leftovers cold, straight from the fridge. But you can reheat the dip if you want to eat it warm. It’s best reheated in the oven, but can quickly be heated up in the microwave.
Absolutely! Follow the step-by-step instructions in this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe for details.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chips are always the perfect thing to serve with dips, and this one is no exception. I like serving this with a really hearty tortilla chip, something that won’t break and crumble when you go in for a heavy dip.
For some freshness, I also like to serve this dip alongside some sliced veggies such as carrot sticks, celery, or bell peppers. The celery sticks are perfect for this baked buffalo chicken dip, to go with that buffalo wing flavor.
Since this dip only requires mixing and heating, you don’t need to do much prep to make it ahead of time. However, you can combine ingredients in a baking dish, cover and keep it in the fridge, then bake just before serving.
If you are cooking your own chicken, I recommend doing that ahead of time as well.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, or cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap/aluminum foil. Keep it in the refrigerator up to 3 days. It can be eaten cold or reheated.
Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make things super simple and easy.
- You can use regular cheddar instead of a Mexican blend cheese.
- I recommend grating your own cheese for the best results. Pre-shredded cheese has added starch that will change the texture of this dip.
- Use a good quality cream cheese for best results (cheaper brands can be too runny).
- I used a light ranch dressing, but you can use regular if you don’t have light. You could also substitute blue cheese dressing.
- Don’t substitute the ranch dressing for dry ranch seasoning–it just won’t have the same results.
- You could leave out the chicken and make a buffalo dip for vegetarians if you like. Still cheesy, spicy, and delicious!
This baked buffalo chicken dip is just so easy, you’ll be making it for every party you have, and your guests are sure to love it!
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Hot Bacon Feta Dip
- King Ranch Chicken Rotel Dip
- Crab Dip
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip
- Loaded Rotel Dip (Velveeta Cheese Dip)
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.