LOADED COWBOY QUESO is the ultimate Super Bowl dip! This EASY appetizer is loaded with velveeta, beer, pepper jack, black beans, Rotel, and sausage! OUR FAVORITE TAILGATING DIP RECIPE!
I sure hope you guys aren’t sick of me posting dip recipes yet, because I’m just getting started! I’m obsessed with finding the perfect easy queso recipe and this is a new favorite! Appetizers are my absolute favorite recipe to create, and Super Bowl season is my favorite time of year as a foodie. We have all these parties and get togethers going on…all of them requiring the best party foods.
This LOADED COWBOY QUESO with HOMEMADE TACO TORTILLA CHIPS is out of this world, SO simple, fool proof, and sure to please. You can make it in a skillet or in a slow cooker, making it an instant favorite. Bring on the cheese please!
You guys know I’ve LOVED working with Old El Paso this year. Such an honor to create recipes with such a quality and versatile brand. My favorite place to shop for all my (pantry full of) Old El Paso products? Target of course! I love that I can shop for home goods in one aisle, clothing just a stone’s throw away, and all my grocery items just down the hall. Genius.
With Target’s Cartwheel app I can stay up to date with all the latest deals in an easy and convenient way, right on my phone while I’m shopping. Again, GENIUS. Be still my heart. I got the Old El Paso Taco Boats (for the homemade chips!) at Target and I ALWAYS have them on hand at our house. You never know when I might whip up some Cowboy Queso!
This Loaded Cowboy Queso is a lot like our favorite Velveeta + Rotel Dip, but kicked up a HUGE notch by adding sausage, black beans, cilantro, beer, and shredded pepper jack. Oh and don’t forget those homemade taco tortilla chips. So simple and so delicious! If you can’t tell, I’m a little bit in love!
If you’re looking for a deal on lots of favorite Old El Paso products, be sure to check out the Target Cartwheel App! It’s easy to use and has deals for everything from clothing to groceries. You don’t want to miss out on all these deals!
Be sure you check out all of our other favorite queso dip recipes!
Loaded Cowboy Queso Video Tutorial
Watch this quick, 1 minute video to see how easy this recipe is to make!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 (8 packs) Old El Paso Taco Boats
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 lb. hot pork sausage (or regular), casing removed (Such as Jimmy Dean)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale beer (or your favorite type of beer)
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 c. Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut the Taco Boats in half width wise and place on a large baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray (or drizzle with olive oil) and then sprinkle with the Taco Seasoning. Spray with more olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the taco boats are browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the chips are cooking, begin your dip. Start by browning the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat. Use a wooden spatula to crumble and turn the sausage as it cooks.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, add in the beer and allow to cook down/reduce for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. It should take about 4-5 minutes for all the cheese to melt in.
- Stir in the Velveeta and shredded pepper jack. Once melted, stir in the tomatoes, beans, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with the homemade chips. Enjoy!
- ***If making in a slow cooker, you can add all dip ingredients (cook the sausage fully first) into a slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso and Target. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!