You guys…I made a CAKE!!! A Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake!
I’ve learned a lot during my ‘learning to cook’ journey, but I have never made a cake. I really have a loooong way to go with the whole baking thing. Baby steps around here!! This cake was the absolute perfect first attempt, easy (partially made with boxed cake mix…shhhhh) and delicious!
My friend Krissy made this for a recent get-together, and I had to have the recipe IMMEDIATELY. I even took two pieces home (Taboo?? It tasted too good to care!) She sent me the link, and now I have a new blog obsession. If you haven’t heard of Mix and Match Mama, click HERE right now. She has taken one technique for (the perfect) a bundt cake, and come up with 100 different flavor combinations!! Genius. Peanut Butter Banana is #96 on her list, and I can’t wait to start trying the other ideas. Her blog is relatable, sweet, and funny…I hope you check it out! (One time, she pinned one of my recipes, and I was so proud. It was so exciting! #nerd)
The secret to her recipe is using 2 packets of instant pudding in every cake. I’m telling you, amazing! I brought this to Pat’s family’s Easter dinner this afternoon, and I’m pretty sure everyone thought it was a little strange there was a piece already taken out…but I couldn’t resist! If you’re like me, and a tad nervous to jump head first into the world of baking, than this cake is for you. Its a guaranteed success. You don’t have to tell anyone that its not baked fully from scratch! Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake….made in heaven.
Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake, delicious and easy! Love this recipe.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- 2 small boxes of instant banana pudding
- 1/2 cup of veggie oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 3/4 cups low-fat peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3-5 tablespoons skim milk (more for a thinner icing, less for a thicker icing)
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease or spray a large bundt cake pan (I love the new olive oil cooking spray)
- Combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs and mix in an electric mixer. Add in the peanut butter and mashed bananas and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled for at least 10 minutes, flip it over and place on a platter or plate. Allow to cool completely before adding icing.
- combine powdered sugar, softened butter, and milk with an electric mixer. Add the peanut butter and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, ice liberally with the icing. The more the better :)
- sprinkle with mini chocolate chips