Fresh and creamy, this avocado corn salsa is perfect for dipping and adding to your favorite tacos. Fresh corn is mixed with fresh and tangy ingredients for one delicious bite.
Corn and Avocado Salsa Recipe
Simple to make and loaded with fresh and flavorful ingredients, this is an easy way to add some taste to your plate.
Why You’ll Love this Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe:
- HEALTHY: Made with natural and fresh ingredients, and loaded with healthy fats from the avocado, this is one appetizer you can feel great about enjoying!
- EASY: Just quickly cook the corn, then mix it with the other ingredients. It couldn’t be simpler!
- MADE FOR SHARING: This is such a great dip to share with friends and family if you are entertaining. Full of flavor and so quick to whip up.
How to Make Avocado Corn Salsa Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the corn in butter til slightly charred.
- Allow to cool in the fridge.
- Mix the cooled corn with the other ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can make this recipe with fresh, canned, or frozen corn. Fresh corn can be cut straight off of the cob and cooked in the butter. If using canned, drain and rinse it first before cooking. Frozen corn can also be added straight to the skillet to char.
It’s best to serve this fairly soon after you make it, as the avocado will start to brown, although the lime juice will slow this process a little. If you want to make it ahead of time, you can make up the whole recipe, just leave the avocado out until you are ready to serve.
To mellow out the bite of raw onions, soak the onions in ice cold water for 10 minutes before adding to the salsa.
Although corn and avocado salsa is best served right away, this dish can be prepared up to one day in advance. Wait to dice the avocado until you’re ready to serve to prevent browning.
This avocado corn salsa is a super simple recipe, but it’s easy to adapt to your tastes. You can swap the parsley for cilantro, or use green onion instead of red. If you like a bit of spice, add a chopped jalapeño into the mix.
Make It A Meal
- Use a ripe but firm avocado in this recipe. It should give a little when you squeeze it in the palm of your hand, but it shouldn’t be mushy.
- Dice the avocado into fairly small pieces so that it mixes well with the other ingredients and is easy to scoop.
- Keep covered and refrigerated. If making ahead of time, it’s best not to add the avocado til you are ready to serve.
This corn avocado salsa is one delicious dip. Creamy, tangy and fresh, it’s a real crowd pleaser!
More Healthy Appetizer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!