Asian-inspired Beef and Broccoli is high in protein and high in flavor! This quick stir fry style recipe comes together easily at home, no takeout required.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Making beef and broccoli stir fry has never been easier! With simple and flavorful ingredients like flank steak, broccoli, soy sauce, and sesame oil, you’ll taste the homemade difference.
I often turn to stir fry style recipes on busy weeknights – they’re quick to prepare and my whole family loves them!
Why You’ll Love this Beef and Broccoli Recipe:
- QUICK: Homemade beef and broccoli is ready in less than 30 minutes for a quick lunch or dinner.
- FLAVORFUL: Loaded with ingredients that pack a flavorful punch, there’s so much to love about this stir fry.
- MEAL PREP: Leftovers are just as delicious as freshly prepared beef and broccoli.
Customize this beef and broccoli recipe to your preferences by adding a little kick, using a combination of veggies, or adjusting the flavors.
How to Make Beef and Broccoli
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the steak.
- Make the sauce.
- Cut and cook the broccoli. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Cook the steak.
- Add the sauce and mix well. Return the broccoli to the pan.
- Serve with rice and sesame seeds.
Use a lean cut of beef for this stir fry recipe. I love using flank steak – cut it into uniform, thin strips so it cooks through evenly.
Fresh broccoli is best for this recipe! If using frozen broccoli, increase the cook time in step 4 – frozen broccoli will take longer to cook through.
Use any kind of large nonstick skillet or wok for this stir fry recipe.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Naturally high in protein, pair beef and broccoli with:
- Your favorite kind of white, brown, or fried rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Spring rolls or egg rolls (try these air fryer egg rolls!)
This is such a great make ahead recipe – I love enjoying leftovers throughout the week!
- Cut across the grain when slicing the flank steak.
- Instead of soy sauce, use an equal amount of tamari or liquid aminos.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
- Sesame seeds are completely optional but they add a wonderful crunch!
Who doesn’t love a fresh, flavorful homemade meal? This beef and broccoli recipe will quickly become a favorite with your family!
Is this recipe gluten free?
As written, this beef and broccoli is not gluten free. To make this recipe gluten free, use tamari or liquid aminos instead of soy sauce.
Can I add other veggies to this stir fry?
Absolutely! Sliced onions or bell peppers, snap peas, or mushrooms would all be delicious additions. Add with the broccoli in step 4.
More 30 Minute Recipes We Love
- Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Baked Ground Beef Taco Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes
Better than takeout, give this beef and broccoli recipe a try!
More Easy Beef Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Cozy Meatball Parmesan
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Stovetop Burgers
- American Goulash
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Crockpot Beef Carnitas
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!