Rich and delicious, this Mongolian beef and broccoli recipe is a quick and tasty weeknight dinner. All made in one skillet, this easy recipe will not disappoint!
One Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
If you are stuck in a weeknight cooking rut, this marinated steak recipe is sure to please!
Quick and easy, this Mongolian beef and broccoli is not shy in the flavor department. Made with hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and brown sugar it has an amazing depth of flavor. I guarantee that every plate will be cleaned within an inch of it’s life!
This is one delicious dinner!
Why you’ll love this Skillet Mongolian Beef & Broccoli recipe:
- ONE PAN: All cooked in one skillet on the stovetop, even clean up is a breeze with this recipe!
- QUICK AND EASY: Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes, this is a great go to after a busy day at work.
- SO DELICIOUS: This is a great alternative to your usual Friday night takeaway. It’s so rich in flavor, I know you are going to love it. Plus it’s healthier too!
Want to use your Air Fryer instead of a skillet? Try this Air Fryer Beef and Broccoli recipe!
How to make Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Marinate the steak.
- Dredge the beed in cornstarch and sauté til crispy. Set to one side.
- Cook the ginger and garlic and stir in the remaining marinade ingredients. Simmer to thicken.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook ti tender.
- Stir in the scallions and beef to coat.
What’s the best beef to use?
I like to use flank steak for this recipe as it doesn’t require a long marinade time and it’s super quick to cook. Skirt steak would also work well. If you have thicker steaks, like sirloin, you can pound them thin before cutting and marinading.
Can you add other veggies?
Yes, it’s super easy to add additional veggies to this recipe. Feel free to add in some diced bell pepper or julienne carrots for additional texture and flavor. Just add them to the skillet to the same time as the broccoli.
What do you serve it with?
This Mongolian beef and broccoli is great to serve over rice, Jasmine and Basmati both work well. I like to garnish it with some sesame seeds too, and add some sliced scallions for some freshness and color.
- Make this recipe gluten-free by using tamari instead of soy sauce.
- Allow one hour to marinate the beef. It can be done in half and hour but will have slightly less flavor. It can be marinated for up to 4 hours.
- Leftovers will keep well for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the skillet to serve.
This Mongolian beef and broccoli recipe is all kinds of yum! It’s so quick and easy to make, and the flavors are super addictive! I just know you are going to love this one!
More Easy Beef Recipes we Love
- Beef Folded Tortillas
- Beef Sheet Pan Nachos
- Red Wine Beef Stew
- Crockpot Beef and Noodles
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Beef Stir Fry
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!