This Parmesan and White Bean Soup is so delicious and easy to make. Tangy, salty, hearty and packed with goodness from the kale and white beans, it’s a great winter warmer!
This delicious Parmesan and White Bean Soup has all the hallmarks of a great soup! Filling, packed with delicious goodies and good for you. It’s easy to whip up, so make a big batch!
How To Make This Parmesan And White Bean Soup – Step By Step
Which Vegetables Are Good For This Soup?
For this recipe I went for canned rinsed and drained great northern beans and cannellini beans. You can use chick peas, black beans, kidney beans (red beans), Pinto beans, etc. For convenience purposes, canned beans are easy and perfectly good in this soup.
In terms of other veg, you could go for zucchini, red peppers, sliced cabbage or frozen peas, they all work great.
Can You Freeze This White Bean Soup?
Yes indeed! Bean soups freeze very well and are great protein-packed meals to have ready to go in the freezer. Making extra to freeze can be a real time-saver!
Simply fully cook the soup, let it cool completely, and freeze in a gallon freezer bag or other air-tight freezable container for up to 3 months.
What To Serve With This Parmesan And White Bean Soup
This soup is straight forward but still has loads of flavor , it’s perfect with just a piece of crusty bread for dipping. or you could try my Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe (Texas Toast Garlic Bread). Perhaps even drizzle a little pesto over the soup with some croutons!
Top Tips For This Parmesan And White Bean Soup
- If you want you can use dry beans, but canned beans work fine.
- This works great with kale or spinach.
- The wonderful thing about this soup is that you can use whatever herbs you have on hand. I used fresh parsley.
- Top with Parmesan and serve with crusty bread.
Check Out These Other Great Soup Recipes
- Hearty Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe (Thanksgiving Leftovers Idea)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe with Bacon Croutons
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup with Gnocchi (Cheesy Broccoli Gnocchi Soup)
Have you tried this Parmesan and White Bean Soup? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!