Time to pamper your pooch with these homemade cheese dog treats. It’s so easy to make a big batch, for your furry best friend!
Cheddar Cheese Dog Biscuits Recipe
Skip the store-bought puppy treats, and make up a big batch of these cheesy biscuits for your best friend!
These have been taste-tested by our chief dog treat tester and they were extremely popular!
Why You’ll Love this Cheese Dog Treat Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: It only takes about 20 minutes to make a large batch before they get baked in the oven.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need three basic ingredients to make these dog snacks!
- HEALTHY: Made with natural and healthy ingredients, you can feel good about giving these to your puppy.
How to make Cheddar Dog Treats
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll out the dough and cut into shapes.
How long do they keep?
Once your cheese dog treats have cooled, place them in an airtight container and they will keep well for around 2 months.
Can you freeze them?
Yes! This recipe makes a batch of 60 treats, so it’s a great idea to freeze them. Just pop them into a container or freezer bag and they will keep well for 3-4 months.
Thaw the cheesy dog treats at room temperature before giving to your pooch.
How many treats can you give?
These are treats, so should be given as such and shouldn’t replace your dogs’ main meals. One or two a day is plenty.
- You can use any size or shape of cookie cutter for this recipe. If you choose to make your treats thinker than ¾-inch you may need to cook a few minutes longer. The treats should be crunchy all the way through.
- This dough reminds me a bit of bread in that you really need to knead it for a while to get all the ingredients combined. I used my hands to do this, but you could also break out the stand mixer and let that do the work for you!
These cheese dog treats are a hit with puppies big and small. So easy to make and guaranteed lots of tail wags!
More Dog Treat Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.