3 Ingredient Salmon Cat Treats are super simple and super fun for your cat! Dill loves these homemade cat treats and they were even featured in Family Circle Magazine! Dilly is famous. :)
Usually, Scout gets all of the attention as far as treats are concerned. If you know Scout, you know she has a true love for food. We have had a couple close calls where we accidentally left the pantry open and she has cleaned us out: resulting in 1am emergency vet visits. But those stories are for another day. Today is all about DILL! Our sweet gray tabby is my main squeeze, and he deserves some tasty treats too! I never knew I was a cat person until Pat gave me Dill for my 30th birthday. The rest is history. Dill is a sweet mama’s boy who comes running to the sound of his name, bites way too much, and stole our hearts immediately. He loves his big (BIG) sister Scout and keeps us laughing. He doesn’t have a big appetite for food, but treats are a different story. Boy loves treats.
Isn’t he the best pet model?? Scout is pretty good in her own right…but Dill might take the cake. Or rather, the 3 Ingredient Salmon Cat Treats!
I’m SO excited to have these treats printed in the August edition of Family Circle Magazine! Such an honor. Dill was beyond excited to see his name in print!! Thank you Family Circle!
I hope your fur baby loves these simple 3 Ingredient Salmon Cat Treats as much as my best guy did.
They deserve it!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 10 oz canned salmon (undrained)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Fish Cookie Cutters <--- CLICK FOR WHERE TO BUY
- Heat oven to 350°. Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and chop as finely as possible.
- In a stand mixer, combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten) and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If dough is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Use a 3/4-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When they're slightly browned and crunchy, they're done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.