Homemade cat treats are such a fun thing to make, and your cat(s) will absolutely love you if you give them these tasty salmon cat treats!
Homemade Cat Treats Recipe
Dill is a sweet mama’s boy who comes running to the sound of his name, bites way too much, and stole our hearts immediately. He doesn’t have a big appetite for food, but treats are a different story. This boy loves treats.
I love that this Homemade Cat Treats recipe has only three ingredients. I only want to feed him the best, and I know exactly what’s in these: salmon, egg, and flour– nothing more.
Give your cat the BEST cat treats to show your love. Your cats will go crazy for this simple homemade cat treats recipe!
We all adore our pets– they’re part of our families! And these three-ingredient salmon nuggets are filled with only good, real ingredients, so I feel great about feeding these to Dill.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Show your love: We may not be able to show our love with home-cooked meals the way we do with the rest of our family, but we can still make delicious cat treats for them.
- All-natural ingredients: I know exactly what’s in these: salmon, egg, and flour– nothing more.
- They’re adorable! Use a tiny goldfish-shaped cutter to make these treats look just like people’s snacks.
These Homemade Cat Treats only contain three ingredients, so they’re pretty simple to make! The idea of making cat treats might be new to a lot of you, but it’s an easy process– no different really from baking something for humans.
I mean you could even eat these treats since there are no strange ingredients! My point is that it’s just regular food, REAL FOOD, baked into tiny little treats for your cat.
How to Make Homemade Cat Treats
- Place the canned salmon, undrained, in a food processor.
- Pulse the salmon to chop finely.
- Combine the chopped salmon, egg, and flour in a stand mixer until it forms a dough.
- Roll out 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface and cut into shapes.
- Bake until lightly browned and crispy: about 20 minutes.
Do I Have to Use Salmon in This Recipe?
Any canned, oily fish will work in this recipe, and your kitty will thank you for being so creative. Try tuna, mackerel, or even canned shrimp!
Where Do I Get That Cute Goldfish Cutter?
I can fix that! Here’s my affiliate link to get one. If you prefer, use any cookie cutter that is about 3/4-inch.
How Long Do Homemade Cat Treats Last?
If you store these cat treats properly in an airtight container, they will keep for a couple of weeks.
Have You Considered Getting This Recipe Published?
Funny you should ask! It was such an honor to have these treats printed in the August 2015 edition of Family Circle Magazine along with some other awesome pet treat recipes! Dill was beyond excited to see his name in print. Thank you Family Circle!
I hope your little balls of fur enjoy these treats as much as Dill does! He loves the salmon flavor and can’t seem to get enough of them. I love being able to bake something for him too.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!