These GARLIC BUTTER FRENCH BREAD PIZZA BITES are the easiest and tastiest cheesy appetizer! Loaded with garlic butter, cheese, and all your favorite toppings! I say these are an appetizer, but we may just eat them as an entire meal!
As a full-time food blogger, I’m ashamed to admit how often we order pizza. What can I say, it’s just a weakness! But as much as we like pizza, it’s really the cheese bread that we crave. It never fails that I fill up on cheese bread before I even get started on the pizza. More leftovers, but still a shame! Well instead of ordering pizza tonight, we are just making cheese bread at home. GARLIC BUTTER FRENCH BREAD PIZZA BITES to be honest! It’s cheese bread amped up with lots of toppings, LOTS of garlic butter, and all the flavor. Obsessed!
The most important part of great Garlic Butter French Bread Pizza Bites is good quality bread. My absolute favorite when cooking at home is La Brea Bakery! You might know their name if you’ve ever been to their amazing stores in California (DOWNTOWN DISNEY!), but did you know you can also buy their amazing bread at your local Walmart?! Their Take and Bake French Dinner Rolls and their Take and Bake Demi Baguettes are both available in the frozen aisle at Walmart and I just couldn’t be more excited. They took our run of the mill homemade cheese bread from normal to FABULOUS just like that. You have simply got to try them! You can click HERE to get a coupon and be well on your way to delicious home cooked appetizers!
Because variety is the spice of life, I like to make my French Bread Pizza Bites in lots of different flavors. You can choose whatever flavors you like best, but I made Meat Lover’s, Pepperoni, Simple Cheese, and Margherita. The Margherita was my favorite and the Pepperoni was Pat’s. He’s a man of simple tastes. But what really makes these delicious is that layer of garlic butter. YES PLEASE!
Don’t forget to grab your coupon for La Brea Take and Bake Bread at your local Walmart, and click HERE to find out where to buy. Let me know how you like it! I know you’ll be just as addicted as we are. Goodbye take out!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 loaves La Brea Take and Bake Demi Baguettes (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings such as mini pepperonis, cooked sausage crumbles, cooked bacon crumbles, canadian bacon, tomato, fresh basil, or anything you like!
- Preheat oven to 385F
- Place the La Brea Demi Baguettes directly on the center rack and cook for 9-10 minutes, until just almost done and browned.
- Remove bread from the oven and cut with a bread knife length wise. Set the 8 pieces on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the garlic, butter, and olive oil.
- Microwave for one minute or until fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the parsley and parmesan.
- Brush each cut side of the bread generously with the butter mixture.
- Cover each piece of bread with the shredded cheese, and then top with your favorite toppings. Add a bit more cheese on top.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5-7 more minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and cut into slices.
- Serve with ranch or marinara sauce for dipping.
This post was written in partnership with La Brea Bakery. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.