Ham Roll Ups are easy-to-make appetizers that only call for five inexpensive ingredients! These little ham roll bites are savory, salty, creamy, and impossible to have just one of. Make them for your next party or potluck and watch them disappear!
Ham Rolls Recipe
These ham rolls are seriously addictive and loved by friends of all ages! Serve them up as after-school snacks for the little ones, pass them around on Superbowl Sunday, or serve them as your holiday appetizer this Christmas season. There’s no bad way to enjoy an appetizer so good!
Essentially, this recipe features ham meat rolled up with cream cheese. What really sends this easy appetizer dish over the top is the addition of olives, pickles, and green onions in the cream cheese filling. Every small bite of these ham roll ups is creamy and loaded with the best flavor!
Whether you’re preparing a Christmas dinner and need an appetizer or you’re watching the big game with friends at your house, you’ll love relying on this no-bake recipe to keep life a little less stressful and a whole lot more delicious.
Why You’ll Love this Ham Roll Recipe:
- No Bake: If you’re stressed out while preparing for a party, rely on a quick and easy no bake recipe like this!
- Bite Size: These little ham roll ups are perfect for popping and enjoying in just one quick bite. They’re perfectly portioned for parties!
- Creamy: Cream cheese is an ingredient that everyone can agree on. Adding a little cream cheese to just about anything makes it more delicious, right?
This budget-friendly recipe only calls for cream cheese, olives, dill pickles, green onions, and deli ham. Yes, really – that’s it! This recipe is a favorite of mine for plenty of reasons, and I really love that it doesn’t break the bank.
How to Make Ham Roll Ups with Cream Cheese
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the cream cheese, olives, pickles, and green onions.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on a piece of ham.
- Roll into a log.
- Repeat this process with the remaining ham slices.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Ham roll ups are a delicious appetizer made from slices of deli ham coated with flavored cream cheese and rolled up into beautiful pinwheel shapes.
Absolutely! Choose relatively thickly-sliced deli meat, such as turkey or chicken
You can add shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or gouda cheese or flavored jelly (strawberry is delicious!) to these roll ups to enhance the flavor.
These ham roll ups will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
I do not recommend freezing ham roll ups, as the cream cheese will change texture once thawed.
Ham and cream cheese roll ups are easy to make, and even easier to eat. Consider doubling or even tripling your batch if you’re hosting a larger crowd! These little bites tend to go pretty fast, especially since you really can’t just have one.
Make Ahead Instructions
You can prepare these ham roll ups up to 1 day in advance of when you plan to serve them. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Store leftover ham roll ups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Enjoy cold. I do not recommend freezing ham roll ups.
- You can use a flavored cream cheese if you prefer.
- Feel free to use all olives or all pickles, if you prefer, or try swapping the olives for briny capers!
- You can add different fresh herbs, such as chives, dill, or parsley!
Tips for the Best Ham Roll Ups
- Choose ham that is thick enough to roll with no visible holes. You want to avoid thinly shaved ham.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so that it’s easy to spread.
- Take care not to overfill the ham slices; otherwise, the filling will ooze out.
- You can skewer the ham roll ups with toothpicks for an easy-to-grab appetizer.
- Keep these ham rolls chilled in the refrigerator until ready to eat. This will help keep the filling firm!
More 5-Ingredient or Less Appetizer Recipes We Love
Savory, creamy, and slightly salty Ham Roll Ups are loaded with flavor and are perfect for serving at parties of any kind. They’re perfectly pop-able appetizers that always fly off the tray when served at potlucks and before dinner. You’ll love this easy no-bake appetizer recipe!
More Holiday Ham Recipes to Try:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Instant Pot Pineapple Brown Sugar Ham
- Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- Air Fryer Ham with Garlic Butter
- Honey Mustard Maple Glazed Ham
- Orange Honey Glazed Ham
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.