PIZZA STICKS are always a hit with both kids and adults. There’s nothing quite as fun as Pizza on a Stick! We made pepperoni pizza sticks, but you can do any flavor combination! These are so fun and EASY for snacks or party appetizers!
Pizza Sticks are a fun and creative way to eat pizza. Pepperoni pizza on a stick is the perfect snack or party appetizer!
PIZZA STICKS are so genius. Talk about an easy appetizer alert!! You know around here I have a thing for SIMPLE recipes that taste amazing and come together in a flash. This recipe for pepperoni PIZZA ON A STICK is fun, oh so easy, customizable, and loved by all.
We chose to make our pizza sticks with pepperoni and basil, but you could layer on whatever toppings you love best. Pizza Sticks would be great for Super Bowl parties, holiday get togethers, or just a dinner at home with the kiddos. Adults and children will both love these and be asking for more!
Pizza Sticks are such a fun way to eat pizza! Pepperoni Pizza on a Stick is the perfect appetizer for game day, kid’s parties, or even just for a tasty snack.
Pizza Sticks are so easy and fun for kids
I have a feeling that in a couple years, this pizza sticks recipe will be one of Henry’s favorite recipes. It’s so fun to make these with kids and let them pick the ingredients. We love to dip ours in marinara…the more the better! Although we added garlic butter to the dough itself, we didn’t add a sauce. I think it’s more fun to dip dip dip. That way you get the amount that you want. It also makes these no mess in the oven. Win win!
How to Make Pizza Sticks at Home
These tasty Pizza Sticks are so easy to make. You’ll be able to make these for any party with no hassle. Pizza on a Stick really is the most genius appetizer out there!
How to Make Pizza Sticks:
- Start with pizza dough on a lightly floured counter top
- Mix together melted butter, garlic salt, & basil, & brush the dough with the mixture
- Cut the dough into 1-inch strips
- Add mini pepperoni slices onto the skewers
- Wrap the dough around the skewers & pepperoni in a spiral motion
- Bake the pizza sticks for 10-12 minutes
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese at the end
You’ll end up with these fun and delicious little pizza sticks appetizers. Serve with plenty of dipping sauce! See the recipe card for full instructions.
Aren’t these Pizza Sticks just too fun and cute? I have a feeling this will be making it into your dinner rotation in no time. They’re great served hot but also pretty tasty served cold. They can be sent with lunch! (although I might remove that dangerous skewer before sending) For us the dough keeps its shape even off of the skewer which is extra fun and safe for kids. Cute cute cute. Pizza on a Stick is the ultimate fun easy recipe the entire family will devour.
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Pizza Sticks. Enjoy!
If you liked these Pizza Sticks, try these other kid-friendly appetizers:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Bars
- Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese
- Tortilla Roll Ups with Cream Cheese
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
Pizza on a Stick
- 1 package mini pepperoni slices
- 1 tube 13.8 oz. refrigerated pizza crust; Pillsbury works well
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in warm water at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Mix together melted butter, garlic salt & basil. Brush dough lightly with garlic basil butter.
- Cut dough, lengthwise, into 1-inch wide strips.
- Thread 5-7 mini pepperoni slices on each skewer. Be sure to leave enough space between each slice for the pizza dough.
- Starting at one end of a dough strip, pierce the dough with the pointed end of the skewer. Spiral-wrap the dough strip around the pepperoni on the skewer, allowing the meat to peak through. Wrap the end of the dough strip around the bottom of the skewer to fasten. Press the dough together on each end to be sure it sticks on the skewer.
- Place skewers on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with more of the garlic basil butter. Bake 10-12 minutes or until pizza dough is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Allow the cheese to melt (place back in the hot oven, if necessary) and serve with pizza sauce.
- Note: Additional toppings may be added or substituted. If adding sausage or hamburger chunks, par-cook meats before adding them to the uncooked pizza sticks. The sticks only cook for 10-12 minutes, so raw meat doesn’t have time to fully cook. Also, if adding raw vegetables, it’s a good idea to par-cook them before adding.
- Additional pizza ingredients: Italian sausage or hamburger chunks, sweet peppers, onion, tomatoes, chicken chunks, pineapple, red onion, mushrooms, zucchini slices, black or green olives, mini mozzarella balls (if covered with the dough), cooked potato chunks, par-cooked bacon pieces, ham, Canadian bacon, fresh basil leaves. Topped with other cheese such as: cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, Smoked Gouda, White Cheddar, Mexican Blend, Italian Blend, Parmigiano-Reggiano. …so many options. Be creative.