Pizza Sticks are always a hit with both kids and adults. There’s nothing quite as fun as pizza on a stick! We made pepperoni pizza sticks, but you can do any flavor combination! These are so fun and easy for snacks or party appetizers!
- Why We Love This Pizza Sticks Recipe
- Variations on Pizza on a Stick
- How to Store and Reheat
- How to Freeze
- Serving Suggestions
- More Pizza Recipes To Try
- Notes from the Test Kitchen
- 5-Star Review
- Pizza Sticks Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
- How to Make Pizza Sticks Step by Step
Why We Love This Pizza Sticks Recipe
Pizza sticks are so genius. Talk about an easy appetizer alert!! You know around here we have a thing for simple recipes that taste amazing and come together in a flash. This recipe for pepperoni pizza on a stick is fun, oh-so-easy, customizable, and loved by all. These are one of our favorite kid-friendly Super Bowl appetizers!
- Easy. Using refrigerated pizza dough and jarred pizza sauce makes this recipe so simple. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Tasty. These hand-held pizza sticks have all the great flavor of classic pizza and are customizable for any palate.
- Kid-Friendly. Remove the skewers for the littles, but these are easy to hold and less messy than traditional pizza.
Variations on Pizza on a Stick
We chose to make our pizza sticks with pepperoni and basil, but you could layer on whatever toppings you love best. Italian sausage or hamburger chunks, sweet peppers, onion, tomatoes, chicken chunks, pineapple, red onion, mushrooms, zucchini slices, black or green olives, mini mozzarella balls (if covered with the dough), cooked potato chunks, par-cooked bacon pieces, ham, Canadian bacon, and so much more. Top with cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, Smoked Gouda, White Cheddar, Mexican Blend, Italian Blend, Parmigiano-Reggiano… so many options. Be creative!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover pizza sticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 7-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Freeze pizza sticks in a single layer on a lined baking sheet until solid, about 1-2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container or Ziplock bag to store for up to 3 months. Reheat directly from frozen, adding 5 minutes to the total time.
More Pizza Recipes To Try
Notes from the Test Kitchen
- If adding sausage or hamburger chunks, par-cook meats before adding them to the uncooked pizza sticks. The sticks only cook for 10-12 minutes, so raw meat doesn’t have time to fully cook. Also, if adding raw vegetables, it’s a good idea to par-cook them before adding.
- Remove the skewers from the pizza sticks before serving to young children. They will keep their shape and be extra safe to eat.
“These were a hit for my kiddos! Next time we will make them together.” -Sabrina Hall
How to Make Pizza Sticks Step by Step
Prep: Soak 10 bamboo skewers in warm water for at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers. Preheat your oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
Brush the Dough: Unroll 13.8 ounces (1 tube) of refrigerated pizza dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Mix ¼ cup of melted unsalted butter, ¾ teaspoon of garlic salt, and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil together. Brush the dough lightly with garlic basil butter.
Cut the Dough: Cut the dough, lengthwise, into 1-inch wide strips.
Thread the Pepperoni: Thread 5-7 mini pepperoni slices on each skewer. Be sure to leave enough space between each slice for the pizza dough.
Wrap the Dough: Starting at one end of a dough strip, pierce the dough with the pointed end of the skewer. Spiral-wrap the dough strip around the pepperoni on the skewer, allowing the meat to peak through. Wrap the end of the dough strip around the bottom of the skewer to fasten. Press the dough together on each end to be sure it sticks on the skewer.
Bake and Serve: Place skewers on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with more of the garlic basil butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pizza dough is light golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Allow the cheese to melt (place back in the hot oven, if necessary) and serve with 1 cup of pizza sauce.