Peanut Butter Banana No Bake Energy Bites are the perfect HEALTHY sweet treat for back to school, dessert, or even a snack!
This post for PEANUT BUTTER BANANA NO BAKE ENERGY BITES was originally posted in August 2015. It’s always been one of my favorites so I thought it deserved some new love! Enjoy!
I may be holed up in my house day in and day out, but Facebook has told me recently that BACK TO SCHOOL is upon us! My parent friends are getting their kids ready, my teacher friends are decorating their classrooms, and I’m brainstorming the perfect healthy treats to pack in school lunches! These healthy little bites of energy are SO tasty; they’re perfect for all of us, but especially perfect for back to school! Your kids will think they’re cookie dough bites, but you’ll know you’re actually fueling their day with a healthy treat!
I love that these no bake energy bites are pop-able treats you can feel good about feeding your kids, or yourself! If your kids have a nut allergy, you can easily swap out the peanut butter for sunflower butter, or your favorite alternative. I adapted this recipe from one of the GREATS…Ali at Gimme Some Oven. She has some great ideas for alternate add-ins…check her out HERE!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (if you are dealing with a peanut allergy, you can sub other butters such as sunflower seed butter)
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit In The Raw Sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Using a fork, mask and stir until all ingredients are well combined. If you feel the consistency is a bit too sticky, add more oats as needed.
- Place bowl in fridge for about 30 minutes. This will help in creating the bites later.
- Remove bowl from fridge and roll dough into 1 inch size balls.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!