Easy Pesto Shrimp Two Ways! Cilantro Lime Pesto and Basil Lime Pesto with grilled shrimp is the PERFECT healthy recipe for holiday appetizers!
I live for great appetizers. I’m a girl that could eat tapas all day every day. I love to sample different flavors, and small plates are the easiest way to do that. Holiday season is also APPETIZER SEASON. It seems that around every corner there’s an opportunity to share great starters with friends and family. There’s always a potluck that needs attending or a Christmas party that could use a great dish! This easy recipe for Pesto Shrimp is easily made with either Basil or Cilantro, and comes together in minutes!
Pat LOVED these. He is the pickiest eater I know and he actually asked me to make more. Since they’re so super easy, I was able to make more in just another 10 minutes. I made the Basil Lime and Cilantro Lime, although let’s be honest, they look exactly the same in photos. Make whichever flavor combo you like best or make them both!
Happy Appetizer Season!! And Merry Christmas :)
You’ll find the recipe for Cilantro Lime Pesto Shrimp below.
And click HERE to check out the Basil Lime Pesto Shrimp recipe that I’m sharing over on Real Housemoms.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a strong blender or food processor. Pulse until full combined. Set aside.
- Place 5 shrimp on each skewer.
- Brush each side of the shrimp on each skewer with the pesto.
- Grill each side for approximately 4 minutes, brushing with more pesto as you flip. If the shrimp aren't fully cooked (they will get smaller and become pink/white), cook for an additional 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!