Prepare flavorful fish like never before with this incredible Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe. You can enjoy a fresh and delicious entree with some of your favorite sides.
Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe
If you are fan of fish, this Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe is worth trying. You can learn how to use the perfect blend of ingredients to give your tilapia that crisp texture on the outside with a juicy and delicious center. You’ve never tasted fish like this before! Once you give this recipe a try, you’ll likely want to start making at least once a week.
Air Fryer fish combines fresh fish with spices and breadcrumbs. You then air fry the fish to perfection before serving with your favorite sides and sauces.
Why you’ll love this easy Air Fryer Fish recipe:
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: The Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia is a healthier version of fried fish since no oil is used, making it that much better for you to eat.
- SIDE FRIENDLY: The tilapia is full of flavor and pairs well with tons of different sides, including fries and veggies.
- EASY TO MAKE: This tilapia is a super simple recipe that even new cooks will easily master.
Give this Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia recipe a try! It’s not difficult to make. Best of all, you can use the air fryer to prepare it at a quicker.
How to make Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grab a dish and combine your egg and water, whisking the two ingredients together.
- Grab a separate bowl or dish and combine your breadcrumbs with salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dry your tilapia with paper towels, dredge in the egg, and then press into your breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for five minutes, spray the basket with cooking spray, and then place fish in a single layer, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Flip your fish and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove and garnish with lemon.
Yes! If you don’t want to use tilapia, feel free to use salmon, whiting filet, or even flounder, all of which will taste great.
If you want to add a bit of spice to this recipe, feel free to add some cayenne pepper and/or creole/Cajun seasoning, both of which will kick it up a notch.
Yes! If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you can cook your fish and then place in the fridge, reheating in the air fryer for an additional two to three minutes when you’re ready to serve it. Of course, it’s best to serve fresh, but you have options.
If you don’t have an air fryer or can’t use it for this recipe, don’t worry. You can bake this fish in the oven and it will still turn out crispy and delicious.
This easy tilapia goes great with a variety of side dishes. Some of my favorite sides are:
The Air Fryer Breaded Tilapia is so good! It’s a healthy and flavorful entree that pairs well with many side dishes.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for a bit more of a crunch!
- You can serve your tilapia with your favorite dipping sauce on the side, such as tartar, teriyaki or hot sauce.
- Feel free to cut your tilapia into pieces before breading it to make baked tilapia bites.
If you want to eat a healthier version of fried fish, this is the perfect recipe for you. The recipe is simple, easy, and delicious.
Air Fryer Tilapia is a great weeknight meal that comes together quick and is full of flavor. It’s a great option for anyone looking for healthier fried fish.
More Simple Air Fryer Recipes we Love
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Ranch Broccoli
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Egg Salad
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Air fry tilapia easy to make and so good. My husband love it, I’ll be making again. Thank you for sharing your recipe!!!!
So glad you enjoyed it, Maria!