These simple oven baked potato wedges are an easy and delicious appetizer or side dish. With a few simple ingredients, they are crispy on the outside and perfectly fluffy in the middle.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
Potato wedges are one of my weaknesses in life! Whether they are served up as an appetizer with dips, or as part of a fuller meal, I can not get enough of them!
Baked in the oven, these wedges come out super crispy and the middles are perfectly soft and fluffy. So much better than frozen wedges, this homemade recipe is a must make!
Why you’ll love this Easy Potato Wedges recipe:
- HEALTHIER: Baked rather than deep fried, you need a lot less oil but they still come out perfectly crispy.
- KID FRIENDLY: If you have picky eaters in your house, I guarantee that these will be devoured in no time at all!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Made with pantry staples, you can whip up these wedges whenever the craving strikes!
These wedges are always a crowd pleaser! Just as good as deep fried but less messy and a little bit healthier!
How to make Potato Wedges
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Par boil the wedges in water and baking soda.
- Let cool and drizzle with oil.
- Bake in the oven til golden brown and crispy.
I prefer to oven bake these wedges, but you can deep fry them if you prefer. Cook them in oil pre heated to 325F and cook til golden brown. Drain them on kitchen paper before serving to get rid of excess oil.
French fries are thinner as the potatoes are julienned (cut into strips) where as wedges are thicker and have more of a triangular shape. French fries are best deep fried, but wedges come out great when they are baked.
It’s best to use starchy potatoes so that the middles are light and fluffy. Russets and Yukon Gold potatoes are best for this recipe. Avoid waxy potatoes.
Yes, these are freezer friendly so they are great for batch cooking. Let the baked wedges cool and then flash freeze them on baking trays in a single layer. Transfer to a freezer bag and they will keep well for up to 6 months. Cook them right from frozen at 400F for 30 to 40 minutes til golden brown.
These potato wedges are great served as an appetizer with your favorite dips, or as part of a main meal. Try them with:
However you choose to serve these, they are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- Don’t skip par boiling the wedges before baking them. This helps them to get nice and fluffy.
- Let the wedges cool before tossing them in the oil.
- Bake the wedges on a baking tray in a single layer. If they are overlapping, they won’t get crispy all over.
These homemade wedges are so easy to make and require very little hands on time. They’re a great option for any meal.
Skip the frozen store bought wedges, and whip up a batch of these instead. These baked potato wedges come out so good, and be warned, they’re super addictive!
More 5 Ingredient Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!