This dreamy, creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup is utterly divine! Tender broccoli swimming in a glorious cheese blend with chicken stock and seasoning. Easy to make and totally delicious.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Why you’ll love this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe:
- How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Storing Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Reheating the soup
- What’s the best cheese to use?
- More Soup Recipes we Love
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
What a glorious soup! Brimming with a mouthwatering blend of cheeses and seasoned perfectly, this Broccoli Cheese Soup is packed with flavor. Hearty, rich and great for kids and adults alike, guaranteed to satisfy! Top with some homemade croutons – so good!
Looking for more soup recipes? Why not also try my Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe with Bacon Croutons and my Crockpot Potato Cheese Soup!
Why you’ll love this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe:
- Loaded with cheese: This soup has a mouthwatering blend of Gruyere, sharp cheddar and American cheese.
- A hearty soup: Made with russet potatoes, this delicious soup also packs a hearty punch!
- Packed with flavor: Brimming with a lip smacking blend of spices.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a pot quickly sauté the broccoli and set aside.
- In the pot, cook your other veggies.
- Add the stock, milk and potatoes, bring to the boil and simmer.
- Blend in the cheese and seasoning then add in the broccoli.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Storing Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Once broccoli soup is cooked, let cool and cover in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you wish, freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Reheating the soup
Pour soup into a pot or sauce pan then heat through, while stirring occasionally, careful not to bring to a rapid oil.
What’s the best cheese to use?
Cheese is obviously quite important for this soup so I’d suggest going for good quality cheeses. Ideally shred your own cheese as it will melt better than pre shredded. Pre shredded contains anti caking agent. A slightly aged cheddar works really well!
If cheddar isn’t your thing, or you just want to switch up the flavor, you can go for smoked gouda, Pepperjack, or even mozzarella cheese
- Be sure to taste the soup as you go and adjust accordingly.
- Feel free to throw in any other soup friendly veggies if you wish. You can even go half broccoli half cauliflower for a mix of textures.
- If the soup thickens too much while cooking, add more chicken stock (or water) to thin to desired consistency.
- Garnish with some homemade bacon croutons!
More Soup Recipes we Love
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Mom’s Tomato Soup with Cheesy Crostini
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.