Chewy, studded with chocolate chips and with an intense peanut butter flavor, these peanut butter blondies are whipped up in one bowl and ready in around 30 mins!
Peanut butter and chocolate have long been a favorite pairing and these Peanut Butter Blondies marry them up perfectly. Dense, with a chewy texture, each bite is heavenly! It’s an easy treat or dessert, that won’t last long!
Table of Contents
Why these are so good
- An easy dessert. You can mix it all up in one bowl and then leave to bake for just 25 mins. An easy batch of yum!
- Packed with peanuts! Mixing peanut butter chips with honey roasted peanuts, these bars deliver a real peanut punch! Did I mention peanuts?
- Downright delicious. Dense and chewy, packed with chocolate and peanut butter, these are the ultimate treat.
- All Purpose Flour
- Salt: Table salt and coarse salt.
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter
- Sugar: Light and dark.
- Eggs: Large. Ideally free range/organic.
- Chips: Milk chocolate and peanut butter.
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanuts: Salted honey roasted, divided.
How to make these Peanut Butter Blondies
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe
In a bowl, whisk flour, salts and baking soda. Then melt butter in a pan, allow to cool and add the sugar. Allow to cool, then add eggs and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
Stir in the flour mix, with half the chips and peanuts. Then pour batter evenly in a baking tray and cook for 25-35 mins.
Transfer to a rack, cool and enjoy!
What are Blondies?
Blondies are typically brownies without chocolate. They’re soft and a bit fudgy like a brownie, but they’re traditionally flavored with vanilla and brown sugar instead.
For this recipe I broke the blondie law and added chocolate and peanut butter – the best of both worlds!
Can I make blondies ahead of time
You can indeed. Prep the cookie dough the day before, and then just press into the baking dish when ready to bake. Makes dessert quick and easy!
Storing these Peanut Butter Blondies
Store blondies covered in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze up to 3 months.
Wrap your blondies individually in foil and then place them in a freezer-proof bag.
You can also freeze the dough for up to three months. Just remove and press into pan when softened.
Top Tips for Peanut Butter Blondies
- To make more gooey, under-bake the blondies just a tad, if you aren’t into the gooey, just bake longer. You may want to cover the dish for part of the baking time to keep the tops from getting too brown.
- The recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Add 5-10 minutes to bake time.
- So delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream, drizzled with caramel sauce and sprinkled with peanuts.
- These freeze great so you can prep ahead. Allow to defrost on the counter before gobbling up!
Other delicious desserts
Have you tried these Peanut Butter Blondies? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!