These GLUTEN FREE LEMON BARS are the easiest and best lemon bar recipe, and they just so happen to be gluten free! SO DELICIOUS! Thick and creamy lemon squares for the win.
Baking is still a bit intimidating for me, as I’ve talked about before. When I started this blog, I couldn’t cook ANYTHING, and I for sure couldn’t bake anything. Cooking seems to be so much easier to me. Throw this in, leave this out…most recipes are easy to customize and hard to ruin. Baking is more precise. It seems like more of a skill. Along the blog’s journey, I’ve had some baking successes that I’m so proud of!
My mom helped me make her famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Crinkles, I made an amazing Raspberry Moscow Mule Bundt Cake, and I tackled and perfected Mini Nutella Cheesecakes (nevermind that those are no bake. shhh!). Today’s recipe, GLUTEN FREE LEMON SQUARES, have quickly become one of my favorite dessert recipes on the site. They are SO creamy, dreamy, and EASY! You’ll crave them year round, but they’re especially perfect for Spring and Summer.
Part of what makes these Gluten Free Lemon Squares oh so easy and perfect is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour. You heard that right, ONE TO ONE. No more adding in special ingredients to make gluten free flours work with your favorite recipes. You can literally add this flour into any of your best bets just as you would all purpose flour and bake away. Bob’s is amazing and making things way too simple for people like me.
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill! Pat thanks you too, he’s the inspiration behind these bars. He asked me to work on some gluten free goodies and this was my first attempt. Now that I know how easy they are, they won’t be my last.
There are tons and tons of great lemon bar recipes out there, but I hope you give this one a try. I think it’s amazing and we sure do love it.
Inspired and adapted from Betty Crocker
30 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
5 based on 6 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- Powdered sugar (powdered sugar is gluten free as long as it uses cornstarch or tapioca starch as it's starch base. so just be sure to double check ingredient list)
- Heat Oven to 350F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. (I also like to line with foil and then spray...makes pulling them out of the pan much easier)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Use a fork or knives to stir in the butter until a crumbly mixture results. Add water a bit at a time. Take mixture and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until slightly golden and set.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all of the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the still hot crust.
- Bake 22-26 minutes or until set in the middle. Let cool on the counter for a minimum of two hours. Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar. If not immediately serving, store in the fridge.
This post was written in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!