Hearty, comforting and good for warming the soul, this Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is so simple to make. This is a super cozy meal in a bowl!
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Why You’ll Love This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- How to Make Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Instructions
- Freezer Instructions
- Noodle Substitutions
- More Easy Chicken Recipes We Love
- More Crockpot Soup Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
It’s the simple things that bring us the most joy, and this Crockpot chicken noodle soup is on of them! Egg noodles, chicken and veggies in a delicious broth, all made in a slow cooker.
Packed with goodness, this healthy crockpot soup is loaded with flavor and perfect for an easy lunch or dinner. And of course it’s the most comforting meal when you’re feeling under the weather!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- SUPER EASY: Made mainly with kitchen staples, this all come together so easily!
- TENDER CHICKEN: Boneless, skinless chicken breast comes out of the crockpot so juicy, it’ll melt in your mouth!
- HEALTHY: Made with low sodium chicken broth, packed with veggies and loaded with protein rich chicken, this soup packs a healthy punch!
This crockpot chicken noodle soup is perfect to see off the winter blues, or any time you’re in need of a nourishing bowl of goodness.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a crockpot, add the chicken, broth, veggies herbs and seasoning.
- Cook for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add the noodles to the crockpot.
- Cook until noodles are al dente.
- Serve and enjoy!
I do not recommend cooking chicken from frozen in the crockpot. Frozen meat takes longer to cook, and that can allow time for dangerous bacteria to grow.
No. It is perfectly safe to put the chicken in the crockpot raw. Follow the recipe as written for best results.
Yes! Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are a delicious substitute for chicken breasts. They are fattier, so you may wish to skim some fat from the broth after step 2.
I like egg noodles because they hold up well in the soup and soak up a lot of flavor. You could also use ditalini, orzo, or bowties.
There are many ways to make this soup even more flavorful. You could lightly sear the chicken breasts before adding them to the crockpot, use homemade chicken broth, or add cheese rinds to the broth (be sure to remove them when you remove the bay leaves). After the soup has finished cooking, you could add a squeeze of lemon juice or a drizzle of heavy cream before serving.
Yes; however, I recommend making the soup without the noodles and then cooking and adding the noodles when you’re ready to eat the soup. Follow the directions for cooking the noodles al dente, then stir them into the reheated soup and serve immediately.
This easy chicken noodle soup is a satisfying meal on its own, but you can certainly add some yummy sides! Here are some faves:
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- Homemade Sandwich Bread Recipe
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon
This soup is like a warm hug in a bowl – so satisfying!
Store leftover crockpot chicken noodle soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Be sure to cook the soup without the noodles if you intend to freeze it. Store leftover soup in an airtight container in a large batch or in individual portions and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to substitute for you favorite noodles, such as ditalini, orzo, or bowties.
- To make this into chicken and rice soup, follow the recipe through step 3, then add 1 cup of dry white rice with the chicken and lemon juice in step 4. Cook for an additional hour, until the rice is cooked through.
More Easy Chicken Recipes We Love
Easily rustled up in the crockpot, this chicken noodle soup is made so flavorful with herbs and seasoning to give this soup its classic taste. Hearty, healthy and perfect for lunches or dinners! With its juicy chicken and silky noodle, this easy chicken soup was made for the slow cooker.
More Crockpot Soup Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Turkey Noodle Soup
- Easy Crockpot Chili
- Crockpot Beef Stew
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.