Tangy and sweet, this Asian cucumber salad is not shy in the flavor department. Seasoned with rice vinegar, sesame seeds, garlic and honey, this refreshing salad is perfect for any occasion.
Asian Inspired Cucumber Salad Recipe
Light and refreshing and tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing, there’s no bad time to enjoy this!
Why you’ll love this Easy Asian Cucumber Salad recipe:
Simple to make but so delicious to eat, this salad is wonderfully fresh and perfect to enjoy with your favorite dishes.
How to make Asian Cucumber Salad with the best Dressing
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice the cucumbers.
- Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt and allow them to drain.
- Rinse off the salt and pat dry.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing, toss and sprinkle over sesame seeds to serve.
This salad is best served as soon as it’s ready so that the cucumbers are nice and fresh. If you do have leftovers they will keep well for a day or two, but you may need to drain any excess water from the bowl to serve.
I like to add a little diced red chili to this salad for a bit of heat. If you are sensitive to spicy foods, you can omit this. Or, add a little more if you like things hot!
I use honey to naturally sweeten the Asian dressing. To make this salad vegan, you can simply swap this with maple syrup.
A mandolin is the quickest way to slice the cucumber really thinly. You can do it by hand with a knife, but get the slices as thin as you can.
This Asian cucumber salad is perfect to enjoy in the summer months, but it really is great all year round. Serve it up as a side with some of these favorites:
This salad is a quick and easy way to add some freshness and flavor to any plate!
- Don’t skip salting the cucumbers. If you do, the excess water will pool in the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Slice the red onion as finely as you can so that it’s not too overpowering.
- Keep refrigerated before serving.
- Make this a fuller meal by stirring in some cooked shredded chicken.
If you love Asian food, you are going to adore this cucumber salad recipe. Full of flavor, but so simple!
More Cucumber Recipes to Try
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Cucumber Margaritas
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
This Asian cucumber salad is one delicious side dish recipe. Perfect to enjoy in the warmer weather, it’s a great addition to a pot luck or cookout.
More Easy Salad Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!