Super fun and cute to serve up for Christmas, this turtle candy is made in the crockpot for an effortless sweet treat! Chocolate and caramel covered pecans are topped with festive sprinkles for the perfect sweet snack.
Christmas Crockpot Candy Recipe
Christmas is coming, and in our house that means chocolate! This turtle crockpot candy is a super fun way to get into the festive spirit, and delicious to boot!
Why you’ll love this Crockpot Turtle Candy Recipe:
- Easy: It takes minutes to make this candy in the crockpot before you chill it. It’s so effortless!
- Kid-friendly: The kids (obviously!) love this recipe! They can help you make them too and will have fun decorating them!
- Perfect for any occasion: I made these for Christmas, but they are great al year round. Mix up the sprinkles to red, white and blue for 4th July, or your favorite colors for birthdays!
How to make turtle crockpot candy
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the pecans, bark and chocolate in the crockpot.
- Cook on low.
- Stir together.
- Stir in the caramel bits.
- Spoon onto parchment paper.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and add sprinkles.
- Chill until set.
How long do they keep?
Once your turtle candy has set, transfer them to an airtight container and they will keep well in the fridge for two to three weeks.
You can also freeze them for up to four months. Double wrap each turtle individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
Can you make them on the stovetop?
I love using my crockpot for these candies as it means that you can make a huge batch at the same time. If you don’t have a slow cooker, make them in a large pot on a VERY low heat on the stovetop and stir while the chocolate melts to prevent any burning.
You can easily mix up the ingredients and decorations for this turtle crockpot candy. You can make them with white or dark chocolate, or drizzle them with either.
I used chopped pecans, but walnuts would work great too. Get creative with those sprinkles!
- Use parchment paper to place the turtles on. They will be really easy to remove this way to serve.
- Allow about 30 minutes for the chocolate turtles to set in the fridge. If you are in a hurry, you can chill them in the freezer.
- These are perfect for gift giving! Place in a cellophane bag, add a gift tag and you’re done!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!