Little smokies are the most addictive appetizers! Cocktail sausages cooked in a sweet and savory BBQ sauce, they’re the perfect game day appetizer.
BBQ Little Smokies
Why you’ll love this Easy Little Smokie recipe:
- Sweet and savory: The sausages are coated in BBQ sauce and grape jelly, giving them a lip smacking sweet/savory flavor.
- An easy appetizer: Only 3 ingredients needed, these little links come together in 15 mins.
- Perfect for parties: The epitome of finger food, whip up a big batch, these a real crowd pleasers. Movie night, game day or New Year’s eve will be a little less stressful!
Prefer to use a slow cooker? Try this crock pot little smokies recipe instead!
How to make Easy Little Smokies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat all the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat then simmer for a few mins.
- Allow to cool slightly, garnish, serve and enjoy!
What are Little Smokies?
Little Smokies are small smoked pork sausages found in the refrigerated meat section at most grocery stores. This recipe simmers them in a finger licking sweet and savory sauce. Basically delicious tiny hot dog wieners!
On the rare instance you have leftover lil smokies, they’ll keep in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days. Store them in an airtight container.
To reheat, you can microwave them for 1-2 minutes or cook in a pot on the stove until warm or pop in the oven.
Can you freeze Little Smokies?
You can freeze the little smokies in the sauce in an airtight container. Thaw the container overnight, then reheat the smokies on the stove or in the oven.
- Free free to use homemade sauce. The possibilities are endless!
- If you plan to make these for a crowd you can easily double or triple the recipe. Just double (or triple!) all the ingredients. You may also need a large pan.
- To make in a crockpot, combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours. Keep warm until serving.
- You can add some garnishes such as cooked crumbled bacon or chopped parsley.
More Appetizer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.