SAUSAGE ROLLS are kind of like Pigs in a Blanket, but I’ve transformed them into a fun bite-size appetizer! Paired with a sweet & spicy Pepper Jelly, these Mini Sausage Rolls are sure to please. We are addicted to these little sausage rolls and I guarantee they will be gone in minutes. So much flavor for such a small recipe!
Sausage Rolls with Pepper Jelly
Sausage rolls are a classic British snack food, similar to Pigs in a Blanket. I’ve transformed them into an easy and fun appetizer with a tasty Pepper Jelly!
A great holiday recipe is something everyone should know how to make. You need a go-to that you can bring to potlucks and parties at Christmas time. Something you can make quickly, and you know it will knock their socks off at that NYE or Superbowl get together. I love these PEPPER JELLY SAUSAGE ROLLS because they’re a twist on a classic (you already know I love Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket) but is still unique enough to be requested time and time again.
I love the sweetness of these mini sausage rolls, mixed with the tang from the grainy mustard, and just the right amount of spice from the pepper jelly. I love that they’re delicious both served hot or cold, and I love that they’re bite sized appetizers. That means you can eat 10 and not feel guilty…right?
This Sausage Rolls Recipe is the perfect bite-sized appetizer, and they’re even better with the Pepper Jelly!
Mini Sausage Rolls – Perfectly Poppable
These mini sausage rolls are the perfect, poppable, bite sized appetizers for Christmas. The only problem is how hard it is to eat just one! You can pretty much guarantee that a double batch will be necessary. Especially once you add on that pepper jelly.
We ate these for a full meal in our house. Can you blame us?! They’re just too fun and delicious. Holiday baking is good and all, but I love the holiday appetizers the most. Please give me all of the meatballs, dips, nachos, and of course these Pepper Jelly Sausage Rolls. These are making it on all of our holiday menus for SURE. Yum yum yum.
What is Pepper Jelly?
Pepper Jelly is exactly what it sounds like: it’s a jelly made with peppers. There are different varieties, so some might be more sweet while others are more spicy. But the mix of flavors is so good, especially when paired with these little sausage rolls.
I like things with a little bit of heat but not way too spicy. That’s why pepper jelly is perfect. Sugar and spice and everything nice!
How to Make Pepper Jelly
I know you guys are gonna love these Pepper Jelly Sausage Rolls as much as we do. You guys are my people. Pepper Jelly can be found pre-made at many grocery stores or gourmet food shops.
But if you can’t find any at the grocery store, you can always learn how to make your own pepper jelly. The process is the same as preparing any jelly or preservative. Try using this homemade pepper jelly recipe to get started.
I just know you guys are going to love these Mini Sausage Rolls! They really make the perfect appetizer, and they’re a fun alternative to traditional Pigs in a Blanket.
See the recipe card below for details on How to Make Pepper Jelly Sausage Rolls. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed these sausage rolls, you’ll love these other appetizers:
- Ham & Cheese Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Bites
- Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese & Parmesan
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
SAUSAGE ROLLS are kind of like Pigs in a Blanket, but I've transformed them into a fun bite-size appetizer! Paired with a sweet & spicy Pepper Jelly, these Mini Sausage Rolls are sure to please. We are addicted to these little sausage rolls and I guarantee they will be gone in minutes. So much flavor for such a small recipe!
- 8 ounces Crescent Dough Sheet
- 12 ounces sausage links; such as Aidells Spicy Mango w/Jalapeno or skinless sausage or kielbasa w/jalapeno fully cooked
- ¼ cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 24 mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. (You might need to use 2 muffin tins.)
- On a clean work surface, lay the Crescent Dough Sheet flat then cut it in half lengthwise. Cut each half into ¾” strips.
- Cut the sausage links into 1” pieces.
- Roll each sausage piece with one strip of dough along the edge. Stretch the dough gently as you roll the sausage.
- Place one rolled sausage in each muffin cup, sausage side up.
- Place a small dollop of hot pepper jelly and a small dollop of mustard on the top of each sausage roll.
- Bake in at 375°F, 12-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Transfer to a cooling rack 5 minutes then place on a serving tray.
- Serve hot.