Sweet and spicy, hot honey chicken wings are finger lickin’ good! These sticky chicken wings are marinated, baked in the oven, and topped with a delicious hot honey glaze. They’re always a hit!
Spicy Honey Wings
Chicken wings are a game day classic, and let me assure you, these hot honey wings always impress! Featuring an irresistible glaze, each wing is sweet, spicy, and baked to caramelized perfection.
Hot honey adds the most delicious and addictive sweet yet spicy flavor and makes them perfectly sticky! Make a double batch because these hot honey chicken wings disappear quickly.
Why You’ll Love this Baked Chicken Wings Recipe:
- BAKED: These oven baked wings are a little lighter compared to fried chicken wings, plus cleanup is a breeze.
- CROWD PLEASER: If you are hosting a Super Bowl party this year, serve these wings as an appetizer. Your guests will thank you!
- SO ADDICTIVE: The combination of sweet and spicy is simply divine. Once you start, you won’t be able to stop!
If you’ve never used hot honey before, give this recipe a try! You’ll fall in love with each sweet yet spicy bite.
How to Make Hot Honey Chicken Wings
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the marinade.
- Marinate the wings.
- Bake the wings.
- Make the hot honey glaze.
- Brush the glaze onto the wings.
- Continue baking the wings to caramelize the glaze.
- Let the wings cool, serve, and enjoy!
Yes, but make sure the frozen wings are fully thawed before marinating them. Let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
These wings definitely have a little heat, but aren’t overly spicy. Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of added red pepper flakes as desired.
Hot honey is simply a spicy honey! Chili peppers are infused in the honey giving it a wonderfully spicy kick.
These hot honey wings take about 50 minutes to bake.
Sure! Marinate the wings and cook them in the air fryer at 400°F for 16 minutes, flipping the wings after 8 minutes. Remove them from the air fryer, brush the glaze on top of the wings, and return them to the air fryer to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
These hot honey wings are great served with other game day classics like:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Shoestring Fries
- Best Guacamole
- Sour Cream & Onion Dip
These wings are always a winner and disappear quickly!
- If using frozen wings, make sure they are fully defrosted before using in the recipe.
- For extra crispy skins, pat the wings dry before marinating them.
- Marinate these wings for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours (overnight) – any longer and they can become slimy.
This may just be one of my favorite wings recipes, and I don’t say that lightly! These are so so good – I can’t wait for you to try them!
What kind of hot honey should I use?
Any kind of hot honey can be used for these wings. Check out this hot honey recipe to make your own!
Can I grill these wings?
Absolutely! Grill the wings on medium-high heat, flipping occasionally for about 20 minutes until cooked through before brushing on the glaze.
Can I make baked chicken wings ahead of time?
Like all chicken wings, these wings are best enjoyed fresh. Try not to make these too far ahead of time! If you do have leftovers, keep cooked wings in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes We Love
- Crock Pot Kielbasa Sausage Bites
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Spinach Dip Crostini
These oven baked hot honey wings are the ultimate game day food. Perfectly paired with a cold beer, this is one delicious bite to enjoy during the game!
More Chicken Wing Recipes to Try:
- Cranberry Chicken Wings
- Trashed Wings
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Baked Hot Wings
- Sticky Sesame Chicken Wings
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.