Easy to make with just 4 ingredients and no cooking involved, this sour cream & onion chip dip is a must for any party. Creamy and delicious, it’s made for dipping!
Potato Chip Dip Recipe
Let’s be honest, you can never have enough dip recipes, and when they are this easy and delicious, it’s a no-brainer!
Grab your chips and let’s go!
Why you’ll love this Sour Cream Chip Dip recipe:
How to make Sour Cream & Onion Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix the cream cheese til smooth.
- Stir in the onion powder.
- Mix in the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Chill to serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This sour cream dip will keep well in the fridge for around 3 days, but it’s doubtful it will last that long! Keep it covered with plastic wrap or in a sealable container to keep it fresh. It’s such a perfect make ahead app.
It’s best not to freeze it as sour cream can become quite grainy when thawed.
Can you make it healthier?
I prefer to use full fat sour cream, cream cheese and mayo for this dip, but you can use reduced fat if you prefer. You could also swap the sour cream for plain or Greek yogurt for a healthier option.
What do you serve it with?
No surprise here, this sour cream & onion chip dip is perfect to serve with….chips! It has the perfect scoop-able consistency whilst not being too heavy.
- For a garlic dip, simply swap the onion powder for garlic powder.
- Keep refrigerated and don’t leave at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Soften the cream cheese before using so it’s easy to make smooth. I like to take mine out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before I plan to make this dip.
This sour cream & onion chip dip is perfect in it’s simplicity. So much fresh and tastier than store bought and it takes minutes to whip up a batch. Happy dipping!
More Easy Dip Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!