These baked honey glazed chicken wings are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Packed full of vibrant Asian flavors, these chicken wings are finger licking good! Coated in a honey and soy glaze, you’re going to love these tangy wings!
I love wings, and I love Asian cuisine, so I thought it was about time that I merge to of my favorite things! These wings are so good, I can’t even tell you! They were a huge hit during our game day Sunday!
Table of Contents
How to Make This Honey Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
Preheat oven at 400F
Wash chicken wings, then pat dry with kitchen paper
In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt, black pepper and paprika until frothy
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or baking paper. Place an oven safe cooling rack on top and spray it with non-stick cooking spray
Add chicken wings on the cooling rack
Brush egg white mixture on chicken wings on both sides
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remember to flip them half-way through so they bake evenly
While they’re baking, prep the glaze
In a saucepan add the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, juice of lime, ground coriander, red pepper flakes and sesame oil
Bring to boil, then simmer until sauce is reduced and becomes sticky.
Once chicken wings are cooked let them cool for 5 minutes. Add them in a bowl, then coat with the glaze
Sprinkle some sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and enjoy!
What is in the honey glaze?
The honey glaze that coats the baked chicken wings is easy to make and is packed full of Asian flavors:
- soy sauce
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds and oil
This combination of ingredients results in a sweet and spicy glaze that is just so so good! Finish off with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro leaves and you are set!
What sides go with these Asian chicken wings?
So I wouldn’t recommend pairing these with the usual ranch dip, though of course you can if you wish! I like to serve mine with a simple soy sauce dip like this and then serve alongside other Asian appetizers and salad sides. Check out these recipes for inspiration:
- Easy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Teriyaki Meatball Skewers
- Creamy Coleslaw Recipe (Homemade Coleslaw)
- Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe (Cucumber Onion Salad)
You could also serve this with a larger salad to make a full meal.
Why bake chicken wings instead of frying them?
I much prefer to bake wings when I make them. I find that frying them can turn into a bit of a hassle and I like the hands off approach with baking. Obviously it is also way healthier to bake your chicken wings rather than fry them. And honestly, these wings are just as crispy and succulent!
Top Tips to Make This Honey Glazed Chicken Wings Recipe
- Pat the wings dry before brushing them, this will help them to get nice and crispy.
- Flip the wings halfway through baking.
- Let the wings cool slightly before glazing them.
- Finish the wings with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Be sure to check out these other easy chicken wing recipes!
- Baked Chicken Wings Recipe (BEST Chicken Wing Seasoning!)
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Sesame Baked Wings (Sesame Sticky Wings)
- Thai Chicken Wings with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Beer and Pretzel Chicken Wings
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- Fried Buffalo Wings
- Tikka Masala Chicken Wings