Delicious and hearty, this Instant Pot ham and bean soup is simple and easy to make and ready to serve in 20 minutes. It’s the perfect way to warm up in the cold weather.
Pressure Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
This Instant Pot ham and bean soup is so quick and easy to make, and it’s loaded with fresh veggies and beans for one hearty and filling dish.
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup recipe:
- QUICK: This soup is cooked quickly in the Instant Pot so it’s ready to serve in 20 minutes. It’s also the only pot you need so clean up is a breeze!
- HEALTHY: Loaded with protein and fresh veggies and low in saturated fat, this soup is full of the good stuff.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great addition to your weekly meal prep and it freezes well too.
How to make Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Saute the veggies in the Instant Pot to soften them.
- Add the ham and garlic.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on high pressure.
- Release the pressure and remove the bay leaf.
How long does it keep?
This Instant Pot ham and bean soup is perfect to add to your weekly meal prep. Once the soup has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container ad it will keep well in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
The soup can be reheated gently on the stovetop, or in the microwave on full power for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Can you freeze it?
Yes! This soup is totally freezer friendly and it will keep well for up to 6 months. Thaw the soup in the fridge overnight before reheating it.
This soup is pretty delicious as it is, but it’s easy to make it just to your tastes. Feel free to add in other veggies, like mushrooms or bell peppers, or anything else you need to use up in your fridge.
I like to use white beans, but you can use any canned beans you have to hand. You can also add in other dried herbs like rosemary or parsley.
- Liquid smoke is also a great addition if you are looking for a smokey flavor. I add about ¼ teaspoons when I add it in.
- For even more flavor, add in the bone of your ham into the soup.
- Drain and rinse your beans well. If you use them straight out of the can they can be quite salty and metallic in taste.
- If you are making this ham and bean soup ahead of time, be sure to let it cool completely before storing it.
I love how quick it is to make this Instant Pot ham and bean soup. It’s perfect on those cold days when you are craving something warming and hearty.
More Instant Pot Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!