This delicious spinach salad recipe is loaded with texture and flavor and finished with a sweet and tangy dressing. Hearty enough to serve as a main, it’s easy and quick to make.
I know that you guys are going to love this tasty spinach salad! Loaded with fresh veggies, boiled eggs, crispy bacon and croutons it’s a delicious way to get some goodness in!
This isn’t your normal boring salad, it’s got a lot of texture and the vinaigrette dressing has just the right amount of sweetness to make this irresistible!
Why you’ll love this Spinach Salad:
- Quick: It takes no more than 15 minutes to make this salad and dressing and you just need a few simple ingredients.
- Make ahead: You can easily make the salad and dressing ahead of time for an easy to serve meal.
- Versatile: I like to serve this as an easy main dish as it’s well balanced and hearty, but you can easily serve smaller portions for a side or appetizer.
How to make spinach salad and dressing
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make ahead dish! The salad dressing can be made 4 to 5 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge and the spinach salad can be prepared a day ahead and kept covered.
Add the dressing just before serving so that nothing gets soft.
What do you serve it with?
I like to serve this salad by itself, but you can also pair smaller portions with mains. It works especially well with seafood and chicken dishes. try it with:
This spinach salad is pretty good as it is, but you can easily add other veggies and salad ingredients to it. To make it extra special, try topping it with:
- Crumbled or shredded cheese
- Honey Roasted Pecans
- Chopped celery
- Frozen baby peas
This dish is also easy to adapt to fit with dietary needs:
- Make it vegetarian: Omit the bacon.
- Make it vegan: Omit the bacon and eggs.
- Make it gluten-free: Omit the croutons.
- Alternate instructions for the dressing: Add all to a blender and mix until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- To make the spinach salad 1 day ahead: Prepare and refrigerate all salad ingredients and dressing separately. When ready to serve, place ingredients in a large serving bowl and add just enough dressing. Toss gently and serve.
- Salad Dressing yield: about ¾ cup dressing
More Salad Recipes
We love a great salad! Try these favorites:
- Greek Salad
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Confetti Corn Salad
- BLT Farro Salad
- Chopped Caprese Salad
- Best Caesar Salad
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!