Instant Pot White Chicken Chili features shredded chicken and white beans in a creamy, flavorful broth. Top this warm and comforting chili off with some lime juice, avocado, cilantro, and sliced jalapeños to add the best complimentary freshness to your bowl!
White Bean Chicken Chili
Thanks to the Instant Pot, making a big batch of homemade white chicken chili just got SO much easier! The prep time for this recipe is just 15 minutes and always yields the heartiest, creamiest, and most comforting results. This is a dinner you’ll love serving on a cold evening!
There’s just enough tender shredded chicken and white beans in the mix to make sure you don’t leave the table still hungry, Plus, the broth is incredibly rich and creamy, making this hearty chili even more filling. You’ll love every flavor-packed, creamy, decadent bite!
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe:
- So Easy: This recipe is so easy, because you’re letting the Instant Pot do all of the work for you. Make it on a crazy weeknight when you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen.
- Filling: Creamy broth, white beans, and chicken are sure to fill you up with every hearty bite.
- Flavor-packed: There’s a medley of seasonings in this chili that makes it absolutely delicious! Plus, there’s also plenty of garlic and green chilis in there to really make your mouth water.
When a comforting recipe calls for cream cheese, you just know it’s gonna be good. It makes this dish sooo creamy!
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the chicken.
- Pour the broth over the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, white beans, and green chilis. Stir.
- Place the cubed cream cheese on top.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve with your favorite garnishes.
This white chicken chili is not extremely spicy. It does contain a little bit of cayenne pepper and some diced green chilis; however, this dish is overall medium-spicy. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can leave out the cayenne pepper.
While I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can also use an equal amount of boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead!
Sauté the onion and spices, then add the remaining ingredients except for the cream cheese and cilantro. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Shred the chicken and stir in the cream cheese and cilantro.
I love topping off my hearty bowl of white chili with some fresh garnishes. It balances everything out so well! The white and green color contrast is also pretty picturesque.
Make Ahead Instructions
You can combine and refrigerate the ingredients in the inner pot of your instant pot covered for up to 2 days. Add the chicken just before cooking.
Store leftover instant pot white chicken chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a large saucepan set over low until heated through.
Freeze instant pot white chicken chili in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Garnish instant pot white chicken chili with:
- Tortilla strips
- Lime wedges
- Extra cilantro
- Sliced fresh jalapeños
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
Tips for the Best Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- You can make this recipe with leftover shredded or diced cooked chicken; simply reduce the cook time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Feel free to reduce or increase the amount of cayenne to suit your tastes.
- For thicker chili, stir in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and simmer on the sauté setting until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes We Love
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Goulash
After a busy day, you deserve a hearty homemade meal that really hits the spot. This quick and easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is sure to warm your body and soul, no matter how cold it may be outside! It’s protein-packed, easy to make, and oh so creamy.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Marinated Chicken Breast
- Honey Chicken
- Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- Chicken Lo Mein
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.