Warm, delicious, and flavor packed Crockpot White Chicken Chili is as easy to make as it is to eat! Made with simple, inexpensive ingredients and easy to follow steps, this hearty chili is sure to become a staple in your weeknight dinner routine.
Slow Cooker White Chili Perfection
When it’s cold outside and you want something delicious to warm you up, chili is always a great option! It’s even better when it’s this creamy white chicken chili that’s slowly cooked to perfection. Richly flavored and decadently creamy, this white chicken chili is true comfort food.
It’s not just downright delicious, either. It’s also a total cinch to whip up! That’s my favorite aspect of using my slow cooker – it’s dependable and always makes cooking that much easier. Instead of sweating over a hot pot of chili on the stove top, let your Crockpot do the work for you!
Why You’ll Love this White Chicken Chili Recipe:
- CREAMY: This chili is made rich and creamy by the additions of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- FLAVORFUL: There’s a bounty of seasonings and herbs in this chili that make it simply mouthwatering!
- FILLING: With 4 chicken breasts and plenty of beans in the mix, you definitely won’t still be hungry after devouring a bowl of this hearty chili.
This easy to make white chicken chili really does have it all! After making it once, it’s hard not to want to make it over and over and over again.
How to Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken in a single layer at the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings.
- Top the chicken with onion, garlic, great northern beans, and green chiles. Add chicken broth too.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-7 hours.
- Shred the chicken.
- Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Stir in the fresh cilantro, serve, and enjoy!
- Always rinse cilantro before using, as it tends to sometimes be a little dirty.
- Removing the chicken from the Crockpot to shred it is easier than trying to shred it directly in the Crockpot.
I recommend using chicken breasts, as they’re more conventionally used in white chicken chili recipes across the board.
Yes, but make sure it’s thawed before tossing into the Crockpot.
In an airtight container in the fridge, this chili will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
Yes! Place room temperature white chicken chili into an airtight food storage container and pop it into the freezer, where it’ll stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Here’s how to best serve this chili!
- Garnish this chili with even more fresh cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, crunchy tortilla strips, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Consider making some Homemade Dinner Rolls to serve on the side. That way, you can soak up every last drop of this chili!
No matter how you serve it up, this white chicken chili is sure to be a huge hit.
- Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breasts before placing them into the Crockpot.
- For the BEST flavor, use Homemade Chicken Broth!
- Cubing the cream cheese before placing it in the Crockpot will help it melt a lot faster.
I just can’t get enough of this simple and scrumptious white chicken chili!
Can I make this chili in an Instant Pot?
You can! I would recommend sautéing the veggies first with the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Then you can add everything to the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes. Shred the chicken and add back to the chili. Serve!
What toppings go well with white chicken chili?
My favorites include tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and an extra sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
What size should my Crockpot be?
An average sized Crockpot of 5-6 oz works perfectly.
More Crockpot Recipes We Love
- Crockpot Queso Cheese Dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Wings
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs
- Crockpot Chili Mac
When the temperature outside is low and you need to warm up, do so deliciously with this easy Crockpot white chicken chili!
More Cozy Chili Recipes to Try:
- Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Chili
- Easy Vegan Chili
- White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- Instant Pot Turkey White Bean Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!