Nothing rings in the Summer grilling season like Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken! Flavorful, cheesy, and simple. This copycat Applebee’s recipe is SO FLAVORFUL. Grill season here we come!
I may come from a line of fabulous cooks, but that doesn’t mean our family doesn’t ever eat out. In Missouri, there is an Applebee’s on every corner. It’s quick and inexpensive, and has a variety of menu items. Its an easy choice on busy days/nights. (don’t judge!) Applebee’s may not be classy, but they have this one entree there that might just be on my list of last meals. Fiesta Lime Chicken. I took the elements I love most from that dish, got a little inspired by this recipe on The Pioneer Woman (everything she does inspires me!), and my Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken was born. New favorite recipe alert!I made this recipe for part of a grilling series for Celebrations.com. I also made Mexican Grilled Corn, which was the perfect compliment to the chicken! Stay tuned for the grilled dessert! (YUM!)
The secret to this Tequila Lime Chicken (besides the tequila marinade…can’t go wrong with that!) is the three cheese ranch. Hidden under that colby jack is a layer of three cheese ranch ready to knock your socks off. Its a summer BBQ miracle. Serve with rice and Pico De Gallo and enjoy your summer! Delicious!
Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken is a copycat recipe for Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken! YUM!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup good quality tequila (I love Camarena)
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend (If you donâ??t have access to this, use 1 tps. Paprika, 1 tsp. cumin, and 1 tsp. salt)
- 1 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 slices Ultra Thin Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Lite 3-Cheese Ranch (I used Kraft)
- In a large bowl, mix tequila, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, fiesta lime seasoning blend, pepper, and cilantro. Place the chicken into 2 gallon sized ziplock bags (2 per bag) and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- After marinating, take the chicken out of the bags and grill on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Brush each chicken liberally with the ranch, and top with a slice of cheese. Allow the cheese to melt over the chicken before taking off the grill.
- Serve with rice, fresh pico de gallo, and lime slices.