Make the most flavorful and juicy meatballs EVER with the help of your air fryer. Simple to make, these ground beef meatballs can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as part of a main.
Air Fryer Italian Meatballs Recipe
Have you tried cooking meatballs in your air fryer yet? Let me tell you, it’s a total game changer!
These Italian style meatballs come out so juicy and full of flavor, and they are so effortless! Perfect to serve as finger food appetizer, or toss in some tomato sauce and serve over pasta for a yummy family meal.
Be sure to try my Teriyaki Meatballs and Honey Garlic Meatballs too!
Why you’ll love this healthier meatball recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: These meatballs are great for meal prep and are freezer friendly too!
- QUICK AND EASY: These meatballs are quick to prep with just a few simple ingredients, and cook quickly in the air fryer.
- KID FRIENDLY: Whether you serve them as an appetizer or main, these air fryer meatballs are loved by even the pickiest of eaters!
How to make Italian Meatballs in an air fryer
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl.
- Roll into balls.
- Cook in the air fryer til crisp and cooked through.
Can you make meatballs with other meats?
I made these air fryer meatballs with ground beef, but other proteins will work well. You can substitute it with pork, bison, lamb or Italian sausage. I find that chicken and turkey can be too lean, they will still be tasty, but a little drier.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These Italian meatballs are so great for meal prep. You can make up the mixture and roll in to balls and keep them covered in the fridge for 1 to 2 days til you are ready to cook.
Cooked meatballs will keep well in the fridge for up to 5 days. They can be tossed in a hot pasta sauce to serve, or reheat in the air fryer at 350F for around 3 minutes til warmed through.
Can you freeze them?
Yes! The cooked meatballs will keep frozen well for up to 4 months. They can be added frozen into a hot pasta sauce and thawed that way, or you can reheat from frozen in your air fryer at 350F for about 10 minutes.
Game Day is covered!
101+ Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
If its game day grub you crave, we have all the recipes you need to win big! Check out our easy Super Bowl recipes (or World Series, March Madness, National Championship, you get the idea!)
- I use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to ensure that my meatballs are all the same size.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meatballs reach at least 145F.
- You can keep the meatballs warm in a 250F oven until ready to serve.
These air fryer meatballs are so tasty you guys! Whether you serve them as a crowd pleasing appetizer, or as a min with your favorite pasta sauce, they are hands down delicious!
More Air Fryer Recipes we Love
More Easy Meatball Recipes
- Grandma’s Meatball Recipe
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Italian Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Baked Turkey Meatballs
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.