Make your favorite steak house side dish at home! These air fryer twice baked potatoes are so easy to make and a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
When we eat at my favorite steak place, I can never resist ordering a twice baked potato for a side. Creamy, fluffy and loaded, they are hard to resist!
These air fryer twice baked potatoes are super simple to make and the air fryer gets them wonderfully crisp.
Topped with cheese with sour cream, bacon and green onion for one yummy bite!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Air Fried Twice Baked Potato recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You can whip up these potatoes with simple ingredients you’ll probably already have to hand.
- VERSATILE: These twice baked potatoes are great to serve with so many mains. They work great with meat, seafood, chicken and everything in-between.
- SO DELICIOUS: It doesn’t get much better than creamy and cheesy potatoes! This recipe is a keeper!
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Oil and season the potatoes and cook in the air fryer.
- Cut them in half and scoop out the insides.
- Mix the potato with the butter, cream and seasonings.
- Spoon back into the potato skins.
- Cook in the air fryer.
- Add cheese and melt.
- Top with sour cream, bacon and spring onions.
What are the best potatoes to use?
These twice baked potatoes are best made with starchy large potatoes. Russet work great and Yukon Gold or baking potatoes will do the job nicely.
It’s best not to use waxy potatoes which won’t be as fluffy.
Can you make these in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make these in the oven. I love that making them in the air fryer frees up my oven to make the main, and it gets them super nice and crispy, but they’ll turn out great oven baked too.
Bake the potatoes in the oven at 400F for around 60 to 70 minutes til crisp and soft. You can the place them under the broiler to brown and melt the cheese.
What do you serve them with?
These air fryer twice baked potatoes are great served with all of your favorite mains, they pair so easily with so many meals. Try them with:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Rosemary Garlic Steak
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Use starchy potatoes for the best texture.
- Fully pre heat the air fryer before adding the potatoes so that they cook evenly through.
- Best served straight away, but they will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the air fryer at 400F for 3 to 4 minutes to warm through and crisp back up.
These air fryer twice baked potatoes are one delicious side dish. So effortless to make and super super tasty!
More Side Dish Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!