This Cucumber Salad Recipe comes together quickly and with just a few ingredients. A refreshing and tangy side salad it’s a great accompaniment to chicken, grilled meat, seafood and so much more! Easy Cucumber Onion Salad is a must make for any Summer get together.
Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe
Cucumber onion salad is such a classic side dish, full of fresh flavors and so versatile!
How To Make Cucumber Onion Salad
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice each cucumber in 1/4 inch slices and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the sliced red onion (sliced into half moon) and toss to combine.
- In a mason jar or small bowl whisk together the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the cucumber and onion and toss to fully coat/combine.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Cucumber Onion Salad Variations
I like to finish this dish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs – dill is a classic and parsley would work well too.
What Do You Serve with Cucumber Salad?
This salad is a really versatile side dish and is perfect next to may main courses. Serve it up with:
Cucumber Salad Vinegar Dressing
The dressing for this salad is a simple vinaigrette made of:
- Apple cider
- Salt and pepper
I recommend you use apple cider vinegar in this recipe rather than white as it’s less acidic, but if you are in a real pinch you can use white. Simply shake all the ingredients together and you’re done!
Can You Make This Side Dish Ahead Of Time?
The good news is that you can make this easy cucumber salad ahead of time, so it’s a great option for easy entertaining. It’s best eaten the day you make it, but can last up to 3 days.
Build the salad and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Easy Cucumber Salad With Red Onion
This cucumber salad is given a zing with thinly sliced red onion, it adds great color to the dish as well as texture. Slice them thinly so that they don’t overpower the salad.
If you find their flavor too strong, you can try soaking the slices in water before adding them to the cucumber, this can help the flavor mellow. If you are in a spot, you can use a sweet onion in its place.
- Slice the cucumbers evenly, you can use a mandolin if you have one.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap.
- Finish the dish with fresh dill or parsley to give it a fresh lift.
Be Sure To Check Out These other Salad Recipes!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.