Make your cookies extra delicious with this brown butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Soft and chewy the browned butter adds a delicious nutty rich flavor that makes these cookies too good not to share!
Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are a universal favorite, and the brown butter in this recipe takes the to a whole new level!
This easy and simple cookie recipe is sure to please everyone who tries them, so make sure to make a double batch!
Why you’ll love this Brown Butter Cookie recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids will obviously love eating these cookies, but they are simple to make, so they can help you out in the kitchen too!
- EASY: This is a pretty straight forward cookie recipe with one delicious added ingredient. Even novice bakers will be able to master these.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need a few baking basics to whip up these yummy treats!
These simple cookies are sure to stand out from the crowd! Get ready to meet your new addiction!
How to make Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the butter and allow to cool.
- Mix together the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge.
- Scoop the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
It takes about 5 minutes to make the brown butter for this recipe. Let it simmer and foam until it becomes a light brown color. Check out my post on how to make browned butter for tips and step by step instructions.
Browned butter that is burnt, can taste slightly bitter, so ideally it’s best to start over. However, it is possible to strain it through a couple of layers of cheesecloth. This removes the burnt milk solids, although you may have to make up some more for the recipe.
Melted butter will work just fine in these chocolate chip cookies, but the browned butter adds a wonderful rich and nutty flavor. If you are melting the butter, you may as well go ahead and brown it!
It’s important to chill the cookie dough for at least an hour before baking these cookies. This helps to solidify the butter, if you skip this step, the cookies will spread A LOT when they bake.
Whether you are taking these to your holiday cooking exchange, or just want a treat on hand, these brown butter chocolate chip cookies are sure to please!
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Don’t over mix the cookie dough when you combine the wet and dry ingredients. This can cause the gluten to overdevelop.
- Leave space between each cookie dough ball on your baking sheet to allow them to spread.
- You can make these cookies with chocolate chunks, white, milk or dark chocolate.
Everyone’s favorite cookie just got extra delicious! This recipe is a keeper!
These brown butter chocolate chip cookies are seriously good! Super easy to make and extra delicious, they are perfect for any occasion!
More Easy Cookie Recipes we Love
- Brownie Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Shortbread Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.