Soft, buttery and loaded with chocolate – whip up a batch of these glorious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars today! A delicious dessert or weekday treat!
Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
These cookie bars are oven baked to perfection, they come out soft, chewy and utterly scrumptious! Studded with chocolate chips, if you love brownies then you will love these!
Looking for brownie recipes? Why not try my Best Gluten Free Brownies and my Caramel Cream Cheese Brownies.
Why You’ll Love this Cookie Bar Recipe:
- A REAL CROWD PLEASER: This recipe makes 16 servings, double the batch for parties, bake sales or any large gathering – they’ll be a hit!
- AN EASY COOKIE BAR RECIPE: This really is a super simple recipe which comes together using mainly pantry staples.
- SOFT AND CHEWY BARS: With it’s crisped top and melt in the mouth center, these bars have the most wonderful textures.
In need of a chocolate chip cookie fix? Then look no further than these scrumptious and satisfying cookies bars!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a medium bowl, mix your dry ingredients.
- In a stand mixer, mix your wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough into a prepare pan and bake.
- Allow to cool and slice into squares.
Yes, but they’ll come out much thinner and won’t be as soft. To bake in a 9×13-inch pan, reduce the baking time by half. Alternatively, double all ingredients to make a larger batch and increase the bake time by 10 minutes.
Covering the bars with aluminum foil ensures that the top and edges do not brown too much or burn while the middle of the bars continue to bake.
While a stand mixer is recommended, a hand mixer also works great.
Yes! To make this recipe gluten free, use an equal amount of 1:1 gluten flour (like Cup4Cup) in place of the all-purpose flour.
Have this cookie bars on their own or amp it up with some ice cream and hot fudge sauce!
Make Ahead Instructions
Like classic chocolate chip cookies, make the dough for these bars up to 3 days in advance. Follow the recipe through step 8, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add an additional 5-10 minutes to the baking time to account for the cold dough.
Store leftover cookie bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Place leftover bars in an airtight container or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature before enjoying.
Tips for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- The middle of the cookie bars will not look as set as the outside and that’s okay. Once the bars come out of the oven, they’ll continue to bake in the hot pan. It’s better to slightly undercook the bars than overcook them!
- Use your favorite add-ins. Swap half or all of the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, toffee pieces, sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
- For a decadent sundae, reheat a cookie bar for 30 seconds in the microwave and serve topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
More Cookie Bar Recipes We Love
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- Snickers Cookies Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Bars
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pie Bars
With notes of brown sugar, vanilla and slat, these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies bars are so chocolatey and so easy to make! Perfect for novice and pro bakers alike, super satisfying and super delicious! Bake up a big batch today!
More Chocolate Chip Recipes to Try:
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe – Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.