If you dig crab rangoon then you are going to love these Baked Crab Rangoon Bites! Crispy wonton wrappers surround a cream, spicy crab meat filling, an easy and delicious appetizer!
Baked Crab Rangoon Cups
‘Crispy, creamy and delicious’ is understating just how good these Crab Rangoon Bites are! Oven baked to perfection with a dreamy seafood filling, these are your crowning game day appetizers! Easy to make and great for any casual (or fancy) occasion!
Why you’ll love this Baked Crab Rangoon recipe:
- A delicious filling: Made with crab meat, mayo, cream cheese and a host of seasonings – utterly addictive!
- Perfect for game day: Easy to make, you can whip up a big batch of these in no time.
- Crispy baked: Made with wonton wrappers, these little beauties are oven baked to crunchy glory!
How to make Baked Crab Rangoon Bites
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Stuff your wontons into a mini muffin pan and bake for 5 mins.
- Make your filling while the wrappers bake.
- Fill the wonton cups with the crab dip and bake for 10 mins.
- Garnish and serve.
What is crab rangoon?
Crab rangoon or crab puffs are dumpling sized appetizers – made with wonton wrappers – filled with a combination of cream cheese, crab meat, green onions and other seasonings.
They are utterly addictive and flavor packed. This recipe makes life easier by using wonton wrappers as cups, rather than creating parcels.
Where to find wonton wrappers
You can usually buy wonton wrappers in Chinese or Asian specialty stores, you’ll find them in the refrigerated area in the produce section. Many mainstream grocery stores stock them too.
Can I make these Crab Rangoon Bites ahead of time?
You can assemble these beauties 4 hours in advance. Follow the recipe up until you need to bake the filled wontons. Then cover them loosely and store in the fridge until you’re ready to for the final bake.
- I like using a mix of mozzarella and cheddar in this recipe, but use whatever cheese you have on hand– just make sure not to use anything too strong or it will overpower the crab.
- Make sure to use the best quality crab you can— it really makes a difference!
- If you have a food processor you can use it to make the filling nice and smooth, otherwise you can mix by hand or with a hand mixer.
More Appetizer Recipes we Love
- Grape Jelly Meatballs Recipe
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Beef Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
- Fried Crab Rangoon
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!