Fresh and flavorful Crockpot Beef Carnitas are always a hit and simple to prepare! Serve this spiced and shredded beef in tacos, on salads, and more.
- Easy Beef Carnitas
- Why You’ll Love this Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe:
- How to Make Crockpot Beef Carnitas
- Serving Suggestions
- Can I use a pre-made spice mix?
- What size slow cooker should I use?
- Can I double this recipe?
- More Slow Cooker Recipes We Love
- More Easy Taco Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Beef Carnitas Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Easy Beef Carnitas
Crockpot beef carnitas are quick to make and full of flavor! Rub chuck roast with a homemade blend of spices and let the crockpot do the work. This is the ultimate set it and forget it recipe, perfect for busy weeknights, game day, or potlucks.
Mix up taco Tuesday with easy beef carnitas tacos!
Why You’ll Love this Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe:
- FLAVORFUL: The dry rub is loaded with bold flavors like cumin, oregano, and garlic powder. Add some chili powder or red pepper flakes for a kick!
- SIMPLE: It doesn’t get much easier than a slow cooker meal. With only 10 minutes of prep, anyone has time for this quick recipe!
- MEAL PREP: Make a batch of beef carnitas on the weekend to enjoy for lunch all week long.
These flavorful beef carnitas are the star of any homemade dinner!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Crockpot Beef Carnitas
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the dry rub.
- Season the chuck roast.
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot.
- Cook with the lid on.
- Drain the beef and shred it.
- Crisp up the shredded beef in a skillet.
- Serve and enjoy.
For the best beef carnitas, use chuck roast for this recipe. It breaks down and becomes melt-in-your-mouth tender after a long, low cook time.
Absolutely! Replace the chuck roast with boneless, skinless chicken breasts or pork shoulder. Here’s my favorite pork carnitas recipe.
I love serving carnitas with shredded cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, sliced avocado, and salsa. Use your favorite taco toppings for these beef carnitas!
Definitely. Store leftover carnitas in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Beef carnitas are delicious in tacos, on salads, in quesadillas, and more. Serve this beef with:
These beef carnitas are tender, flavorful, and totally delicious. The slow cooker does all of the work!
- For a little kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the dry rub.
- Use 2 forks or a hand mixer to easily shred the beef.
- Serve beef carnitas in tortillas, on salad, or in a rice bowl. The possibilities are endless!
I love making crockpot carnitas for busy weeknights! Throw everything in the crockpot in the morning and let it cook all day.
Can I use a pre-made spice mix?
If you have a favorite Mexican (or Tex-Mex) spice rub, feel free to swap 3 tablespoons of it for the homemade spice rub listed in the recipe.
What size slow cooker should I use?
I recommend using a 7-quart (or similarly sized) crockpot for this recipe.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you can certainly double this recipe, but make sure your slow cooker is large enough to fit all of the ingredients.
More Slow Cooker Recipes We Love
- Crockpot French Dip
- Crockpot Barbacoa Beef
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork
Add crockpot beef carnitas to the menu this week!
More Easy Taco Recipes to Try:
- Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Birria Tacos
- Cod Fish Tacos
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Easy Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.