This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast makes the most tender, fall apart beef. This chuck roast is so simple to make in the crockpot, nestled with all the tender potatoes, carrots and onions that soak up all that flavor. It’s all top with the most flavorful gravy!
Juicy, tender Easy Slow Cooker Beef Roast with seasoned vegetables is the perfect Sunday night meal for. Whether it’s a last minute family gathering or a big group of friends round, this is the original crowd pleaser!
How To Make This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Step by Step
What To Serve With This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This really is a meal in a pot, but who can so no to sides? Especially when you’ve got a big crowd (or hungry family) to please! Here are some ideas:
- Who doesn’t love roast beef served with a heap of mashed potatoes, like this Cheesy Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Goat Cheese
- Try mashed cauliflower! Easy way to get the veggies in and it’s perfect with beef. Give this Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- If it’s a big ol crowd and you want to break out the big guns, try this Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Roll with it! What’s not to love about a fresh bowl of bread rolls nestled in the middle of the table? Try these delicious Beer Bread Muffins or our Deliciously Soft Naan Rolls.
What Vegetables Should I Use In A Pot Roast?
I want for carrots, potatoes and onions, a classic trifecta of veggies. But you can add in other herbs and vegetables as you would like. Play around with different root vegetables like turnips and parsnips, or sweet potatoes. In the fall squash would be awesome too. This dish can be adjusted to your favorite veggies with no problems!
Do I Have To Brown The Roast Before Slow Cooking It?
Top Tips For This Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Browning the beef in a pan before adding it to the slow cooker is a step I would not skip if even remotely possible. That crust is delicious and you don’t want to miss it.
- Don’t under season. It looks like a lot of salt, but you also have to remember you have 3 pounds of vegetables under the meat you are seasoning too.
- Yukon Potatoes – the buttery texture of a yukon gold are divine, you can alternately use russet potatoes here without any problems too.
- If you have fresh thyme by all means use it, I just like how easy this recipe is and pantry friendly so I normally use dried thyme unless I already have fresh on hand.
Check Out These Other Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos (Crockpot Taco Meat)
- Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe
- EASY Crockpot Turkey Breast Recipe (Slow Cooker Turkey)
- Crockpot Mississippi Roast Recipe
Have you tried this Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!