Make the most delicious twice baked potatoes effortlessly in your Crockpot. Perfect creamy and topped with cheese, bacon and green onions, these loaded potatoes make for one delicious side dish.
Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
I love making classic twice baked potatoes in my Crockpot, this method is so effortless and they come out so perfectly.
Let the slow cooker do all of the hard work with this delicious side dish recipe. The middle of the baked potatoes is so creamy and light, and when loaded with bacon, cheese and green onions, they become the perfect accompaniment for any meal!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Crockpot Twice Baked Potatoes recipe:
- EASY: This is such an effortless way to make perfect twice baked potatoes. Simple to prep and the cooking time is hands off.
- MAKE AHEAD: You can easily make these ahead of time and eny leftovers are easily reheated.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a few pantry staples to make this restaurant quality side dish.
Perfect to serve with all of your favorite mains, these easy twice baked potatoes are hands down delicious!
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes in a Crock Pot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Rub the potatoes with oil and season them.
- Cook til tender in the Crockpot.
- Cut in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Mix the potato flesh with the sour cream, butter and seasonings.
- Place the mix back into the potato skins and top with cheese.
- Return to the slow cooker and cook ti the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with bacon and green onions.
You can bake your potatoes on either a high or low temperature in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours depending on your schedule for the day.
If you need your twice baked potatoes in a hurry, then be sure to check out my Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes recipe. They turn out super tasty but in less time. Be sure to scroll down and check out my other twice baked potato recipes too!
When you scoop out the potato flesh, leave some in the skins, about 1/4 inch, so that they don’t collapse into themselves.
Yes! Baked whole potatoes will keep well in the fridge for three to for days. You can also stuff the potatoes and keep them covered in the fridge and then heat them through in the oven at 360F to serve.
These Crockpot twice baked potatoes are great to serve up with all of your favorite mains. Try them with:
However you serve this potato side dish, one thing is for sure…they’ll be a hit!
- Scrub the potatoes well before adding to the Crockpot to remove any dirt.
- Pierce the potato skins before cooking so that they don’t burst in the slow cooker.
- Once cooked, the potatoes should be fork tender.
If you’re looking for a tasty side that will impress, these twice baked potatoes tick all the right boxes. Plus, they are so effortless to make!
More Twice Baked Potato Ideas
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Broccoli Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
- Classic Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
These Crockpot twice baked potatoes are so fluffy and creamy, they easily stand up to the ones you order at your local steakhouse. Simple to make and so delicious to eat!
More Potato Recipes we Love
- Hash Brown Potato Soup
- Smashed Potatoes
- Loaded Potato Skins
- How to Cook Baked Potatoes
- Home Fries
- Shoestring Fries
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.