These Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops are juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich onion gravy. A super easy dinner recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
If you are a pork fan, you are going to LOVE this saucy pork chops recipe. Even if you’re not a pork fan, this may change your mind! The juicy pork is smothered in a flavorful sauce, crispy bacon bits and melts in the mouth. The slow cooker makes this whole recipe so easy to pull together!
How To Make This Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chop Recipe
What Goes With Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
These Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops are delicious served with:
- Crispy Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Cheesy Cornbread Drop Biscuits
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Best Mashed Potato Recipe
Best Cut Of Meat For Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
I use bone-in pork chops for this recipe. It really gives this dish a lot of flavor, but if you prefer boneless you can certainly do that. But do not use a thin cut pork chop. And be careful when taking them out when they are finished cooking. The meat will be very tender, a good way to take them out, is scoop them with a spatula.
Can You Cook Frozen Pork In The Slow Cooker?
It’s not recommended to cook frozen meat in a slow cooker, as there’s the risk of harmful bacteria contaminating the meat before it reaches a safe temperature. The best place to thaw your meat is in the refrigerator before cooking it in a slow cooker.
Top Tips For Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- Use blade cut pork steaks if pork chops aren’t available.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel before cooking and make sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure to remove the bay leaves and skim the fat from the top of the sauce.
- You may be tempted to omit the vinegar, I highly recommend you keep it in, balances out the other flavors perfectly.
Check Out These Other Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Brisker Recipe
- Kalua Pork Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Ribs
- Crock Pot Corned Beef