These creamy and cheesy twice baked potatoes are a breeze to make in the Instant Pot. So much quicker to make than in the oven, they make one delicious side dish for any meal.
Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Whenever we go to our local steakhouse, I can’t resist ordering a twice baked potato on the side. So cheesy and delicious, what’s not to love?!
I don’t make them that often at home as they do require a pretty long cooking time, but since I found this Instant Pot method, things have changed!
They come out just light and fluffy, but are ready in just a fraction of the time.
Be sure to try my Instant Pot Potato Salad and Loaded Potato Skins too!
Why you’ll love this IP Twice Baked Potato recipe:
- QUICK: It only takes 15 minutes for the potatoes to cook through in the electric pressure cooker, so this is a great option when you don’t have time on your side.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a few everyday ingredients to make this potato side dish, so you have no excuses!
- SO DELICIOUS: Creamy, cheesy, rich and fluffy, these potatoes are great to serve with so many meals and are always a crowd pleaser.
Making the most perfect twice baked potatoes have never been easier. Grab your Instant Pot and lets go!
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes in an Instant Pot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the potatoes in the Instant Pot with the water.
- Cook on high and naturally release.
- Scoop out the potato flesh and mix with the butter, sour cream and milk.
- Spoon the mix back into the potatoes and top with cheese.
- Broil til the cheese has is melted and bubbling.
Yes! These are a great make ahead dish. You can make the whole recipe up and then keep them refrigerated for 4 to 5 days and reheat them in the oven at 360F to warm through.
Yes, these are great to freeze! Make the recipe all the way up to broiling them, instead, stuff them, place the cheese on and let them cool. Freeze them solid on a baking sheet then store in a container for up to 3 months. Cook them from frozen, covered with foil, at 350F for around 45 minutes.
These twice baked potatoes are great to serve as they are, but they are great loaded with some sour cream, chives and crispy bacon bits.
The best twice baked potatoes are made with large starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Gold. Their skins get nice and crispy and the flesh is light and fluffy. It’s best to avoid waxy potatoes like reds, as they won’t have that same light texture.
These Instant Pot twice baked potatoes are great to serve with all of your favorite meals. Try them with:
- Rosemary Garlic Steak
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Cranberry Glazed Ham
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Salmon
This potato side dish is perfect to serve with weeknight meals, or pull out all the stops family feasts. No one will be disappointed when you serve these up!
- Prick the potatoes with a fork before cooking them so that they don’t split and burst in the pressure cooker.
- Put the potatoes on a trivet so that they don’t burn.
- You can use your favorite shredded cheese to top these potatoes.
This is such an effortless potato side dish that’s sure to impress! Be sure to make extra as they’ll disappear quickly!
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Queso Dip
- Instant Pot Egg Salad
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
These Instant Pot twice baked potatoes are everything you’d expect the to be, and the fact that they are so quick means that you can make them any time you get a craving!
More Potato Recipes we Love
- Broccoli Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Chantilly Potatoes
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
Worked great, made once and making again now. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by!
I am curious. Since I have a Insta pot air fryer lid, can I put them on broil in the air pot fryer instead of the broiler of the oven?
You can give it a try!