Fresh and delicious, this easy to make Cuban mojo chicken recipe is full of citrus flavors. Made from scratch, the marinated chicken is baked in the oven with fragrant sauce for one tasty dinner everyone will love.
Baked Mojo Chicken Recipe
Liven up your chicken dinners with this simple but SO delicious Cuban inspired recipe.
This mojo chicken is baked in the oven and it’s so effortless to make. With flavors of mint, cilantro and citrus, this is one dinner recipe that’s sure to impress! The baked marinated chicken comes out so juicy, and every bite is extra delicious.
I know you are going to love this one!
Why you’ll love this Easy Cuban Chicken recipe:
- HEALTHY: Made with natural ingredients, this tasty recipe is high in protein and low in saturated fat, a well as being low carb.
- EASY: It takes minutes to make the marinade and sauce for this dish, before it gets baked altogether in the oven. It’s a great go to after a busy day.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need some chicken thighs, fresh herbs and citrus some oil, and of course, some garlic. Everyday ingredients but big flavors.
How to make Mojo Chicken in the Oven
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the mojo sauce in a blender.
- Marinade the chicken thighs for 2 hours.
- Place the thighs in a baking sheet and top with citrus slices and oil.
- Bake and baste the chicken til golden brown.
Can you make this recipe with chicken breasts?
I like to use bone in and skin on chicken thighs for this recipe. The bones helps them to stay nice and juicy and the skin adds extra flavor. You can make this with chicken breasts if you prefer, but the cooking time will need to be reduced to around 20 to 30 minutes.
Use an instant read thermometer to check when your chicken i fully cooked through, it should register at 165F.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This Cuban mojo chicken recipe is best served as soon as you’ve made it, but the sauce will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. It’s best not to marinate the chicken for more than 2 hours, as the acid can start to break down the meat too much and become tough.
If you do have leftovers, they will keep well for 4 days, and can be reheated in the oven at 360F for around 20 minutes til warmed through.
What do you serve it with?
I like to serve this Cuban chicken with rice and veggies, or a chopped salad will work great too. Try it with:
- This chicken is incredibly juicy and flavorful. The orange and lime slices caramelize with the baking so they get soft and delicious.
- I like to serve it with some extra mojo sauce on the side and drizzle the chicken with it once I’m ready to serve it.
- Don’t marinade the chicken for more than 2 hours. If you are short on time, a 30 minute marinade will still add lots of flavor.
- Once baked, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
This Cuban mojo chicken recipe is so crazy delicious! Simple to prep and so effortless to cook, it’s a great option for a weeknight meal, but super tasty that you can easily serve it to company when you are trying to impress.
More Easy Chicken Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!