Lemon Chicken with White Wine is an incredibly delicious and EASY recipe for a casual dinner or dressy nights! I love skillet meals and this is one of my favorites! So much flavor and so little work.
Easy Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe
I’ve made a few easy skillet meals in my life. Skillet Basil Cream Chicken and Skillet French Onion Chicken are two of my most popular recipes on the site! They’re both made in under 30 minutes, have easy clean up, and are DELICIOUS. I love when all the flavors cook up together. It’s just better that way!
Why you’ll love this Lemon Chicken Recipe:
- One pan: Everything for this recipe is all cooked in one skillet so clean up is a breeze!
- Quick and easy: This recipe requires very little prep time and it’s ready to serve in 30 minutes, perfect after a long day!
- Simple ingredients: Despite it’s fancy taste, you don’t need a long list of ingredients to make this, and most of which you’ll already have to hand.
How to make skillet lemon chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the dry ingredients and coat each side of the chicken breasts with it.
- Place the chicken in the hot skiller and add in the lemon juice, white wine and rosemary.
- Cook the chicken on each side until cooked through and remove from the skillet.
- Reduce the sauce by half and add in the lemon slices to caramalize.
- Add the chicken back to the pan to heat through and serve.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
72+ Easy Chicken Recipes
See our Chicken Guide for ALL the best chicken recipes plus tips and tricks for juicy chicken every time.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This skillet lemon chicken is best served as soon as it’s cooked so that it’s nice and fresh and juicy. If you do have leftovers, they will keep well covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can enjoy the chicken sliced cold with a salad, or reheat in the oven at 350F til warmed through.
Can you make this recipe with thighs?
I like to make this with chicken breasts, but you absolutely can make it with thighs if you prefer. Just be aware that thighs do take longer to cook through.
Use an instant read thermometer to check that your chicken is cooked through. It should register at 165F when inserted to the thickest part of the meat.
What do you serve it with?
This delicious white wine and lemon chicken is great to serve with all of your favorite sides, I love to serve it over rice or pasta. It’s perfect with salad or veggie and potato sides too. Try it with:
- Quinoa Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Asparagus Almondine
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Easy Mashed Potatoes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- If you want your sauce a bit sweeter/less tart, add a tablespoon of honey or to taste.
- If your chicken breasts are very thick, you can cut them in half or pound them flat.
- Try swapping the lemon for orange for a different flavor!
This skillet lemon chicken is one delicious and easy dish but it’s fancy enough for a special occasion too! So fresh and tasty, it’s sure to impress!
More Chicken Skillet Recipes!
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Marsala
- Enchilada Stuffed Chicken Breast
- One Pan Cheesy BBQ Ranch Chicken
- Skillet Chicken con Queso
- Tuscan Chicken
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!